Great News! (brag thread)

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
When this thirty five year Dallas resident moved to Florida three months ago, he became deeply bummed by the fact that there would be no more Dallas Cowboys on Sunday unless he watched it on a business card sized window on Sopcast, channelsurf or some other crappy internet media.

The sun began shinning brightly when my sister and brother-in-law had DirectTV with The Sunday Ticket installed.

:D

I received my formal invitation yesterday to spend my next twenty Sunday afternoons grilling out and watching football in HD in their four TV home.

Oh! what joy!

Eat your heart out sopcast.

I love The Sunday Ticket!

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
StarKist;2201242 said:
When this thirty five year Dallas resident moved to Florida three months ago, he became deeply bummed by the fact that there would be no more Dallas Cowboys on Sunday unless he watched it on a business card sized window on Sopcast, channelsurf or some other crappy internet media.

The sun began shinning brightly when my sister and brother-in-law had DirectTV with The Sunday Ticket installed.

:D

I received my formal invitation yesterday to spend my next twenty Sunday afternoons grilling out and watching football in HD in their four TV home.

Oh! what joy!

Eat your heart out sopcast.

I love The Sunday Ticket!

It is a wonderful thing.

lspain1

Reaction score
For us distant fans
Sunday Ticket is not an option!!!......It is a necessity. :cool:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Luckily even though I'm in TN I still get all of the Cowboys games on local tv or cable.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I just moved to AZ and got DirecTV

I said I wanted Sunday Ticket and then asked politely if I could have Superfan for free with it. The lady was like "I'm sorry sir, but I can't do that", and I said "Please?" The lady was like "Let me talk to my manager" and she came back and I got it for free!

Pretty cool!

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2201258 said:
Luckily even though I'm in TN I still get all of the Cowboys games on local tv or cable.

i know lucky you...i get to see the brilliance of Vince Young ... booo!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
VietCowboy;2201270 said:
i know lucky you...i get to see the brilliance of Vince Young ... booo!!

We get some of those games also but on a different channel. :D

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I have Sunday Ticket, but with the popularity of the Cowboys and the fact they are now one of the top teams and they are on national tv so much, there weren't but a couple or so Sundays last year when I needed Sunday Ticket to see them play.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Thankfully there is an option... imagine back in the day where all you had was the box score in the newspaper :p

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with your sister. She's sick of your mooching ways and has decided to cancel the service. Sorry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Snow ins, bad weather, car trouble and its back to the

54bc145a7dde784d4bf7c4d55c50e14f.gif.gif

It'll be waitin on ya Starkist ;)

1fisher

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2201258 said:

One of the bright spots of living in this area!:D

Nav22

Reaction score
Two words: sports bar.

I live in California, don't have Sunday Ticket, and haven't missed a game in several years.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Nav22;2201379 said:
Two words: sports bar.

I live in California, don't have Sunday Ticket, and haven't missed a game in several years.

hm...wouldn't it look awkward though if I go to a sports bar by myself....and not drink (I RARELY drink...nice Shirley Temple with extra maraschino cherries for me most of the time when I go out...please don't laugh).

Oh, and I'm a girl...

Nav22

Reaction score
hm...wouldn't it look awkward though if I go to a sports bar by myself....and not drink (I RARELY drink...nice Shirley Temple with extra maraschino cherries for me most of the time when I go out...please don't laugh).
I never drink when I hit the sports bars to watch the 'Boys (it's always before 1pm here on the West Coast anyways... I'm a night drinker :) ).

But I'll order a soda or an appetizer so I'm not "mooching". It'd be more than okay if you did the same...

Nobody will notice/care about you not drinking... they'll all be focused on the games anyways. :)

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I recently moved to Richmond, VA and part of the deal with my wife was that I got Sunday Ticket. It was a requirement!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2201331 said:
I have Sunday Ticket, but with the popularity of the Cowboys and the fact they are now one of the top teams and they are on national tv so much, there weren't but a couple or so Sundays last year when I needed Sunday Ticket to see them play.

And yet, we still purchased it, didn't we? :lmao2:

Missing one Cowboys game is exactly one game too many.