Great pick in Prescott, but we will have to score 30+ points per game to win

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Big difference between Zeke a RB and the #4 pick in the draft in this offense and a 4th round QB.

But you do seem like an angry little guy. Maybe you should just put me on ignore if you cant play nice.

Because he went 4th it's OK to put him in the same class as Emmitt Smith? Based on zero preseason games? Without "letting these cats play it out"

Be consistent. If you always tell the truth you never have to remember anything. Try to be consistent next time. Or at least don't jump on a monumentally high high horse....only to stick your foot in your mouth 24 hours later.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
LOL.

70% of our offense?

Lol.

That's how a run game works. You're play faking (LOL) TO him, running (LOL) the ball with (LOL) him, or passing (LOL) out of the backfield (LOL) to him.

Oh yeah..."LOL"

Craig

Reaction score
Lets be crazy and say dallas only runs 60 plays per game. If elliott is 70% of the offe se, thats 42 touches. He wont make it to week 10.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Lol.

That's how a run game works. You're play faking (LOL) TO him, running (LOL) the ball with (LOL) him, or passing (LOL) out of the backfield (LOL) to him.

Oh yeah..."LOL"
So then by your logic 95 percent of the team? Everything but teams?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like what Gus Bradley is building in Jax. The have lots of talent. Through the draft, and FA. I expect them to be around .500 this year. But yeah I would just switch 2nd round picks with them. Smith for Jack. That's it. I'm good with Zeke.
Some people won't admit it like you do, but that might have been more satisfying.

Elliott now has even more pressure on him to be a huge contributor, mainly because we did not take a player in the 2nd that could actually play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because he went 4th it's OK to put him in the same class as Emmitt Smith? Based on zero preseason games? Without "letting these cats play it out"

Be consistent. If you always tell the truth you never have to remember anything. Try to be consistent next time. Or at least don't jump on a monumentally high high horse....only to stick your foot in your mouth 24 hours later.

You must be trolling me because you dont hear so well. Ill try one more time.

I think Zeke can be that good with this line in this offense. But like I said, health and durability he hasnt proven yet. Emmitt was around 1500 yards and 15-20 TD's. I think Zeke can do that no problem in this offense. If he cant then he was a complete waste of a 4th round pick.

Its the line, the offense, and Zeke that I like.

No comparison to predicting a 4th round QB can be our franchise guy after one half of a preseason game. And no doubt the brass in Dallas agrees with me because he has already been anointed the starting RB. Now how could they know that without seeing him play any games?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You must be trolling me because you dont hear so well. Ill try one more time.

I think Zeke can be that good with this line in this offense. But like I said, health and durability he hasnt proven yet. Emmitt was around 1500 yards and 15-20 TD's. I think Zeke can do that no problem in this offense. If he cant then he was a complete waste of a 4th round pick.

Its the line, the offense, and Zeke that I like.

No comparison to predicting a 4th round QB can be our franchise guy after one half of a preseason game. And no doubt the brass in Dallas agrees with me because he has already been anointed the starting RB. Now how could they know that without seeing him play any games?
I don't think you understand the words you used.... "can't we just let the cats play it out?"

Or what the word contradictory is.

Or how the word hypocrisy applies.

I remember everything. Just be consistent. If you're always consistent you never have to remember what you said before.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think you understand the words you used.... "can't we just let the cats play it out?"

Or what the word contradictory is.

Or how the word hypocrisy applies.

I remember everything. Just be consistent. If you're always consistent you never have to remember what you said before.

LOL..............no it is YOU that dont understand the words I used or who that was pertaining to. It was NOT pertaining to Zeke. Definitely NOT Zeke. And I made that obvious by mentioning him straight out.

Zeke is definitely the exception. If you dont know what exception means then please look it up. If you misunderstood or cant understand how Zeke would be an obvious exception, then that isnt my problem. I dont need to let Zeke play out, he is already obviously that good and at a position where you need to be less conservative in that regard. I dont have to typically explain this to people they already get that. Ive explained that to you 3 times already and you still act clueless.

Quite frankly I am typically very conservative when it comes to rookies, but NOT Zeke. And since I dont praise many rookies you should take note of that and be VERY VERY excited for Zeke.

Now if the cat gets suspended or hurt then all bets are off. I would typically not have to explain that to anyone, they would already understand that. But since you seem to struggle with obvious I wanted to mention it so we dont run into this issue later on.

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
LOL..............no it is YOU that dont understand the words I used or who that was pertaining to. It was NOT pertaining to Zeke. Definitely NOT Zeke. And I made that obvious by mentioning him straight out.

Zeke is definitely the exception. If you dont know what exception means then please look it up. If you misunderstood or cant understand how Zeke would be an obvious exception, then that isnt my problem. I dont need to let Zeke play out, he is already obviously that good and at a position where you need to be less conservative in that regard. I dont have to typically explain this to people they already get that. Ive explained that to you 3 times already and you still act clueless.

Quite frankly I am typically very conservative when it comes to rookies, but NOT Zeke. And since I dont praise many rookies you should take note of that and be VERY VERY excited for Zeke.

Now if the cat gets suspended or hurt then all bets are off. I would typically not have to explain that to anyone, they would already understand that. But since you seem to struggle with obvious I wanted to mention it so we dont run into this issue later on.

Zeke is an exception because he's a high round draft pick and you want him to be great. But that doesn't extinguish the fact that 1st rounders bust or get injured.

You laid down a heavy handed rebuke of those who were excited about Dak (I agree with you patience is needed). But you can't then turn around and anoint someone else who has had less exposure to real game situations than Dak does. No matter how badly you want that player to be good. No matter how good a situation that player walks into (I agree he will produce very well).

It isn't an issue of being right or wrong on Dak or Zeke. It's a philosophical issue. I just want you to be consistent. It irks me when people are not. Be better please.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is an exception because he's a high round draft pick and you want him to be great. But that doesn't extinguish the fact that 1st rounders bust or get injured.

You laid down a heavy handed rebuke of those who were excited about Dak (I agree with you patience is needed). But you can't then turn around and anoint someone else who has had less exposure to real game situations than Dak does. No matter how badly you want that player to be good. No matter how good a situation that player walks into (I agree he will produce very well).

It isn't an issue of being right or wrong on Dak or Zeke. It's a philosophical issue. I just want you to be consistent. It irks me when people are not. Be better please.

I will say what I feel, whenever I feel it necessary. And if you need clarification on what I mean, just ask. No need to assume or go off on some rant. And after all this nonsense you agree with me on both players.

I am well aware I appear to be going out somewhat on a limb here with Zeke, but I'm making the call. Which pretty much everyone else in football land is doing. I see no way this kid bombs unless its because of injury or suspension. I think his talents will translate very well to the pros and I love his attitude, smarts, and cocky attitude. And he isnt some emotional dope like Dez Bryant.

Give this kid the rock 25-30 touches per game. If the game is well in hand, then put in the other guys in the last quarter.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Yes. Everyone seems to think we had the worst D in the league last year.

It can't be unstated about how the terrible offense affected the D. It had to be mentally demoralizing as well as always being put in terrible field position.

Correct. It was the 17h ranked defense, giving up 23 PPG last year while playing from behind in virtually every game. So we're going to be worse, this year?

I guess I'm missing all the angst by the OP. We snagged potentially the best defensive player in the entire draft this year and by all accounts, it's not a matter of if he gets on the field but when. I think I'll take a healthy Jaylon Smith next year over Myles Jack next year. We'll see.

But even looking at this year, the secondary will be MUCH better simply by having Byron Jones at safety, Scandrick at corner and Cedric Thorton at tackle, all tremendous upgrades and the offense is going to put a lot of pressure on opposing offenses this year. That's going to make a big difference.

BTW - the worse defense in the league last year? The Giants. Their big upgrade? Olivier Vernon with 7.5 sacks in 2015. Demarcus Lawrence? 8 sacks.

I understand our limitations, we're not Doomsday, but we're not God awful either. Scoring 30 PPG to have to win is hyperbole.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People really need to take a Wait and see approach with this defense........will they be great? Probably not..... But they're not going to allow 30 a game. Maranelli has had less talent and it hasn't allowed that. This defense is going to surprise some if you guys are expecting for them to allow 30 a game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Correct. It was the 17h ranked defense, giving up 23 PPG last year while playing from behind in virtually every game. So we're going to be worse, this year?

I guess I'm missing all the angst by the OP. We snagged potentially the best defensive player in the entire draft this year and by all accounts, it's not a matter of if he gets on the field but when. I think I'll take a healthy Jaylon Smith next year over Myles Jack next year. We'll see.

But even looking at this year, the secondary will be MUCH better simply by having Byron Jones at safety, Scandrick at corner and Cedric Thorton at tackle, all tremendous upgrades and the offense is going to put a lot of pressure on opposing offenses this year. That's going to make a big difference.

BTW - the worse defense in the league last year? The Giants. Their big upgrade? Olivier Vernon with 7.5 sacks in 2015. Demarcus Lawrence? 8 sacks.

I understand our limitations, we're not Doomsday, but we're not God awful either. Scoring 30 PPG to have to win is hyperbole.
Hyperbole at its finest. If this team runs the ball like it should it won't give up anywhere close to that since it will be eating clock lol.

Reaction score
I have to disagree with that pretty strongly.

2016 - Smith, Collins, Tapper, Brown, Frazier

2015 - Jones, Gregory, Wilson, Russell, Nzeocha

2014 - DLaw (2 picks), Hitchens, Gardner, Smith, Dixon, Bishop, Mitchell

26 players drafted in last 3 years. 17 on the defensive side. Over 65%. That is doing little about it?
How many of those players were taken in the first round? Now, weed out the dope smoking knuckleheads (Lawrence, Gregory, & who knows who else), & the guys with shredded knees who had to redshirt a year, (Nzeocha, Smith). Plus, Mitchell, Bishop, Dixon, Smith, & Gardner didn't even pan out, & Russell looks like a bust too. That leaves Hitchens, Wilson, Jones, & three rookies all taken after the first two rounds. THAT is a terrible record of talent evaluation & value picks on defensive players. I stand by what I said. Jimmy would have had this team in at least three more SBs, had he stayed in charge. Jerry is an idiot who hasn't won jack in over TWO DECADES because he chooses flash over substance!