Great quarterbacks coaches

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find in interesting that Sean Payton gets all the credit when you consider he was out of Dallas before Romo ever became a starter and was far from a finished product. Romo continued to improve working with Wilson

Maybe Romo improved because of Romo? Maybe he improved because he had a great foundation and continued to build on that? Wade Wilson has never succeeded with any other quarterback he has ever worked with, including a first round pick in Rex Grossman.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe Romo improved because of Romo? Maybe he improved because he had a great foundation and continued to build on that? Wade Wilson has never succeeded with any other quarterback he has ever worked with, including a first round pick in Rex Grossman.

Maybe he did help Romo in the maturation process? Romo spent most of his career with Wade, not Parcells or Payton and in the meantime Payton evidently did a lousy job with the other trash QB. Sure he is great with Drew Brees but then maybe it is all Drew Brees.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe he did help Romo in the maturation process? Romo spent most of his career with Wade, not Parcells or Payton and in the meantime Payton evidently did a lousy job with the other trash QB. Sure he is great with Drew Brees but then maybe it is all Drew Brees.

Chase Daniel has made a good living in this league and just signed for $21 million. Hardly 'trash'.

If you can find a comparable Wade Wilson protege, I'd be interested to hear about one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chase Daniel has made a good living in this league and just signed for $21 million. Hardly 'trash'.

If you can find a comparable Wade Wilson protege, I'd be interested to hear about one.

Chase Daniels has not done jack he has a total of 77 passes 7 years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Funny thing is in 7 years Daniels has 1 TD and 1 Int. Stephen McGee thrown 82 passes and has 3 TD and 0 ints in a 3 year span. No doubt McGee is gone but frankly so should Daniels who has done less.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chase Daniels has not done jack he has a total of 77 passes 7 years.

Yet the league thinks enough of him to be a wanted commodity and earning $21 million over 3 years. That carries much more weight than some flippant and unsupported "trash" comment.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny thing is in 7 years Daniels has 1 TD and 1 Int. Stephen McGee thrown 82 passes and has 3 TD and 0 ints in a 3 year span. No doubt McGee is gone but frankly so should Daniels who has done less.

3 years and $21 million says different. But you can keep it up if it makes you feel better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yet the league thinks enough of him to be a wanted commodity and earning $21 million over 3 years. That carries much more weight than some flippant and unsupported "trash" comment.

I don't care that Philly choose to throw money away Chase dainels has not done Jack 21 million wasted but then Philly has been making a lot of bad deals as of late.

As for my trash comment you are what your numbers say you are. he has 78 total passes 1 int 1 TD in 7 years if that impresses you then great. McGee did more than that and fans here hated the guy but then is Chase was here you guys would hate him too

Doomsday101

Reaction score
3 years and $21 million says different. But you can keep it up if it makes you feel better.

Keep it up you are the only one somehow impressed by Dainels throwing him out there like some great success of Payton. I like Sean Payton but it takes talent on the part of the player to succeed and while you are so intent on not giving credit to Wade a guy who has worked with Romo the vast majority of the time you fail to mention that Payton was unable to coach up any other Cowboys QB, no he gets a free pass on it. He worked with Brees but then Brees had shown success before NO picked him up and not you throw out chase? whatever. lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care that Philly choose to throw money away Chase dainels has not done Jack 21 million wasted but then Philly has been making a lot of bad deals as of late.

Of course you "don't care" because it shoots your baseless, uninformed assessment of the player to ****.

The fact is that Chase Daniel has been a valued commodity in this league, earning good money for a backup role with three teams. And he just signed a deal paying him $7 million a year, following the last coach he worked with. Whether you choose to admit it or not, that's a ringing endorsement of the player and his abilities.

Conversely, tell me how the Wade Wilson protégés are doing? How are the Weeden's and Dustin Vaughan's doing?

You want to point to Daniel's limited numbers as some indictment when it has no basis in fact. You want to try to hold it against him that Drew Brees has missed 2 games while Tony Romo has missed 27 games. The only relevant question is how Wade Wilson's other quarterbacks have performed when called upon?

The answer is clear. And terrible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep it up you are the only one somehow impressed by Dainels throwing him out there like some great success of Payton. I like Sean Payton but it takes talent on the part of the player to succeed and while you are so intent on not giving credit to Wade a guy who has worked with Romo the vast majority of the time you fail to mention that Payton was unable to coach up any other Cowboys QB, no he gets a free pass on it. He worked with Brees but then Brees had shown success before NO picked him up and not you throw out chase? whatever. lol

As long as you keep up your nonsensical case, I'll be happy to.

$21 million dollars. Deal with it. Daniels is a valuable commodity while everything Wade Wilson has ever touched has turned to ****.

Tell me the last guy Wilson coached that ever amounted to anything? His history is clear.

Parcells banished him when he got here and he went to Chicago and screwed up their quarterbacks. How he ever found his way back here defies logic.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of course you "don't care" because it shoots your baseless, uninformed assessment of the player to ****.

The fact is that Chase Daniel has been a valued commodity in this league, earning good money for a backup role with three teams. And he just signed a deal paying him $7 million a year, following the last coach he worked with. Whether you choose to admit it or not, that's a ringing endorsement of the player and his abilities.

Conversely, tell me how the Wade Wilson protégés are doing? How are the Weeden's and Dustin Vaughan's doing?

You want to point to Daniel's limited numbers as some indictment when it has no basis in fact. You want to try to hold it against him that Drew Brees has missed 2 games while Tony Romo has missed 27 games. The only relevant question is how Wade Wilson's other quarterbacks have performed when called upon?

The answer is clear. And terrible.

I don't care because you are making a lame argument. You uniformed person here is you. What has chase done? nothing yet you act as if he is some fricken success story. Please sell it some where else. I know you think you are some guru of football you don't impress me what so ever. Your constant knocks on crap you know nothing about.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As long as you keep up your nonsensical case, I'll be happy to.

$21 million dollars. Deal with it. Daniels is a valuable commodity while everything Wade Wilson has ever touched has turned to ****.

Tell me the last guy Wilson coached that ever amounted to anything? His history is clear.

Parcells banished him when he got here and he went to Chicago and screwed up their quarterbacks. How he ever found his way back here defies logic.

He spent 7 years of Romo career. Payton was not even in Dallas when Romo became a starter and had a lot left to learn. But maybe you are too hard headed to get that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care because you are making a lame argument. You uniformed person here is you. What has chase done? nothing yet you act as if he is some fricken success story. Please sell it some where else. I know you think you are some guru of football you don't impress me what so ever. Your constant knocks on crap you know nothing about.

He's done enough to earn $21 million dollars!

I don't need to say another word about it! You've got nothing!

You bring out some "trash" comment when there's $21 freakin million dollars that says otherwise. There's a body of work that shows a player in demand by multiple teams who has carved out a nice, profitable career for himself.

The only "garbage" is your unsupported, baseless, completely wrong opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He spent 7 years of Romo career. Payton was not even in Dallas when Romo became a starter and had a lot left to learn. But maybe you are too hard headed to get that.

I couldn't care less. Payton identified, recruited, and coached Romo to be come the QB he has. And Parcells oversaw and had a hand in all of it. In the process, they exiled Wade Wilson because they knew he was worthless. They chased him away because he's lousy at his job.

Payton went on to coach quarterbacks to greatness and win a Super Bowl. His credentials are beyond reproach while Wilson has never accomplished anything. It's embarrassing for you to try to make some case otherwise.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
So, what are some names of some above average to great QB coaches that are still coaching?

Any college coaches we could or should be eyeing?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jesus, you are the biggest homer in the world. Matt Cassell said when he got here, there was nobody to coach him. Wth was the "great Wade Wilson" doing?

Maybe searching Garrett's book collection of great coaches and trying to find a QB coaches biography or "How To" book? :huh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dooms...easy fella'.:)

Some fans just don't listen to another's perspective, when their own emotions are invested. lol

Stash keeps up with the Boys, and regularly...he does have socially redeemable features as a fan.:starspin: