Great to have most of the injured back

Reaction score
Wow! Now, THAT'S our Cowboys...almost. Good enough to beat the Skins, anyway. Of course, it all starts with Romo. He didn't have great passing stats, but he also could have gotten more help with dropped passes & passing gains getting called back for stupid penalties.
Having said that, he made the plays when we needed them most. The two that really emphasizes the difference Romo makes on this team were the shovel pass on third & long, and the great TD throw to Bennett.

TNew also made his presence known, with a pick, and several passes defensed. His leadership really showed up tonight in the secondary. I give the coaching staff credit for benching Henry in place of Jenkins. Henry either is hurt, or he just doesn't have it anymore at CB.

The least mentioned, but maybe the most important was the return of Kyle Kosier. As many times as I've said we needed to get better at the LG position, his return really solidified the OL. We didn't give up a sack, and Barber had 114 yds. rushing in 24 attempts for a 4.75 yd. average. He was particularly effective in the forth quarter, when the Cowboys needed to keep the ball & run down the clock. They haven't been better all year closing out a game as they were tonight. The O'line took over & dominated the Skins defense when everyone in the stadium knew Barber was going to get the ball.

What a difference having your troops healthy. Now, if we can get Felix Jones back next week, we'll be the juggernaut we need to be. Romo will be another week closer to having a healed pinky, and will have the rust knocked off from tonight's game. With "The Cat" going outside and running back kicks, and the Barbarian slamming it up the middle, we will be able to take it to them again.

I really feel these injuries and losses were the best things that could have happened to this team. They have been forced to look at themselves in the mirror and do a gut check. It made them stronger as a team, and they will play tougher down the stretch. They are last season's Giants, and they still have a good shot of taking the NFC.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cogan;2424017 said:
Wow! Now, THAT'S our Cowboys...almost. Good enough to beat the Skins, anyway. Of course, it all starts with Romo. He didn't have great passing stats, but he also could have gotten more help with dropped passes & passing gains getting called back for stupid penalties.
Having said that, he made the plays when we needed them most. The two that really emphasizes the difference Romo makes on this team were the shovel pass on third & long, and the great TD throw to Bennett.

TNew also made his presence known, with a pick, and several passes defensed. His leadership really showed up tonight in the secondary. I give the coaching staff credit for benching Henry in place of Jenkins. Henry either is hurt, or he just doesn't have it anymore at CB.

The least mentioned, but maybe the most important was the return of Kyle Kosier. As many times as I've said we needed to get better at the LG position, his return really solidified the OL. We didn't give up a sack, and Barber had 114 yds. rushing in 24 attempts for a 4.75 yd. average. He was particularly effective in the forth quarter, when the Cowboys needed to keep the ball & run down the clock. They haven't been better all year closing out a game as they were tonight. The O'line took over & dominated the Skins defense when everyone in the stadium knew Barber was going to get the ball.

What a difference having your troops healthy. Now, if we can get Felix Jones back next week, we'll be the juggernaut we need to be. Romo will be another week closer to having a healed pinky, and will have the rust knocked off from tonight's game. With "The Cat" going outside and running back kicks, and the Barbarian slamming it up the middle, we will be able to take it to them again.

I really feel these injuries and losses were the best things that could have happened to this team. They have been forced to look at themselves in the mirror and do a gut check. It made them stronger as a team, and they will play tougher down the stretch. They are last season's Giants, and they still have a good shot of taking the NFC.

I am with you 100%.

If this team continues to improve with guys like Jenkins(who can seriously cover but good lord he cant tackle anyone), Bennett(who makes either outstanding or stupid) plays and Roy Williams who is still learning the offense this team can be every bit as good as the Giants were to close last season.

We still need Felix back and I wish we had our punter but we are a very good team when healthy and that hasn't changed.