Green Bay Packers = Cleveland Browns

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Do you remember in week-1, how all the mediots were going on and on about how Cleveland was stacked full of pro-bowlers, were a Playoff contending team, and would give Dallas a run for their money?

And do you remember how after week-1 Cleveland plummeted to the bottom third of the power rankings after Dallas pounded them down to their real level?

I now give you the Green Bay Packers, who all the mediots are predicting to beat Dallas with a QB named Rodgers instead of Favre, and a roster that just beat the mighty QB-less Vikings and stout ( :rolleyes: ) Lions.

Yeah, I'm really worried, until the game's over, Dallas has won, has made Mr. Rodgers their favorite neighbor, Lam-blow filed their new home, and Green Bay their new neighborhood!

Bring this PRETEND team on - PLEASE!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2271415 said:
Do you remember in week-1, how all the mediots were going on and on about how Cleveland was stacked full of pro-bowlers, were a Playoff contending team, and would give Dallas a run for their money?

And do you remember how after week-1 Cleveland plummeted to the bottom third of the power rankings after Dallas pounded them down to their real level?

I now give you the Green Bay Packers, who all the mediots are predicting to beat Dallas with a QB named Rodgers instead of Favre, and a roster that just beat the mighty QB-less Vikings and stout ( :rolleyes: ) Lions.

Yeah, I'm really worried, until the game's over, Dallas has won, has made Mr. Rodgers their favorite neighbor, Lam-blow filed their new home, and Green Bay their new neighborhood!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Moreso than not, I tend to agree with you. They're not in the same league right now as Philly and we should have beat them by double digits. I'd be very surprised if they're within two scores of us at the end of the game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I doubt very seriously if they are a "pretend team".

If you havent noticed that team is pretty stacked at a lot of positions and they are tough at home.

I think we'll win but its gonna be a tough game.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
uh... no I did not. Just about everyone and their mother had us beating Cleveland.
Green Bay went further than the Cowboys last season, they have a young roster that's very talented and its possible they've upgraded at qb. This will be a very difficult ball game to win on the road.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

No, you listen and listen good. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge knew the Browns were worthless. Green Bay has a better QB, better receivers, better running backs and a much better defense at every level.

But again, I think we tend to match up pretty well against the Packers, they are not as dangerous to us as the Eagles. I'm guessing a 7 to 10 point victory.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Interesting Q and A with one of the Packer Beat Writers Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Mcginn is know to be extremely critical of the Packers and is not some homer Hack. He picked them to go 6 and 10 this year but this question was kind of interesting.

"Q: Jeff N. of Apex, NC - Hi Bob, Are there any Personnel Match-ups between the Cowboys and Packers that actually favors the Packers? Thanks.

A: Bob McGinn - Jeff: Kampman vs. Colombo. KGB, if he's right, against Adams on third and long. Jenkins vs. Procter in 4-2. Jenkins maybe vs. Davis in 4-2. Driver vs. Newman in slot. Jennings vs. anyone. Rodgers vs. Watkins. Lee vs. Watkins. Barnett vs. Gurode on outside stuff. Jolly vs. Procter in base. Woodson vs. Crayton, if that's the way it goes. McCarthy vs. Phillips. "

superpunk

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2271487 said:
Interesting Q and A with one of the Packer Beat Writers Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Mcginn is know to be extremely critical of the Packers and is not some homer Hack. He picked them to go 6 and 10 this year but this question was kind of interesting.

"Q: Jeff N. of Apex, NC - Hi Bob, Are there any Personnel Match-ups between the Cowboys and Packers that actually favors the Packers? Thanks.

A: Bob McGinn - Jeff: Kampman vs. Colombo. KGB, if he's right, against Adams on third and long. Jenkins vs. Procter in 4-2. Jenkins maybe vs. Davis in 4-2. Driver vs. Newman in slot. Jennings vs. anyone. Rodgers vs. Watkins. Lee vs. Watkins. Barnett vs. Gurode on outside stuff. Jolly vs. Procter in base. Woodson vs. Crayton, if that's the way it goes. McCarthy vs. Phillips. "
He must have missed Colombo (who I believe was injured at the time) making Kampman disappear last season. KGB was out, IIRC. In any case, Flo dominates speed guys, but has trouble with your traditional "run stuffing" defensive ends, in general. So if things go like they have in the past, Flo should have no trouble with KGB.

Also I'm pretty sure Procter is not playing. And noone should like any of your defensive tackles against Bigg Davis on a passing down.

lol @ McCarthy versus Phillips. McCarthy got mentally dominated last season - don't lie Rob, you know he did!

DFWJC

Reaction score

I think GB is more like Philly than Cleveland. Explosive offense and great defense.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
superpunk;2271492 said:
...lol @ McCarthy versus Phillips. McCarthy got mentally dominated last season - don't lie Rob, you know he did!

no not really. I remember Al harris looking like a lost puppy and Bob Sanders defense being eaten up. I don't think there was a game last year where Packer fans could say that MM did not have his team prepared. McCarthy is a very good coach. Glad to have him. Don't forget TT interviewed Wade as HC before he hired MM. Glad he chose MM even tho at the time he was an unknown. Just because a team wins or loses a particular game doesnt mean it as an indictment of any coach. 13 pro bowl players should have beaten the youngest team in the league. Wade had everything to lose in that game, not MM.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2271520 said:
no not really. I remember Al harris looking like a lost puppy and Bob Sanders defense being eaten up. I don't think there was a game last year where Packer fans could say that MM did not have his team prepared. McCarthy is a very good coach. Glad to have him. Don't forget TT interviewed Wade as HC before he hired MM. Glad he chose MM even tho at the time he was an unknown. Just because a team wins or loses a particular game doesnt mean it as an indictment of any coach. 13 pro bowl players should have beaten the youngest team in the league. Wade had everything to lose in that game, not MM.

He is and you guys got a very good staff over there got a lot of talent and made a lot bitter fans forget about brett farve after 2 weeks.

Ender

Reaction score
i said it before and i'll say it again, Im not worried about the packers. Al HArris is overrated and im not worried about there pass rush. Philly pass rush was dangerous and Romo didnt get sacked. We will be fine. Let them keep talking **** and we will go out and perform while they're talking.

Ren

Reaction score
GB is a very good team this will not be an easy game

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Ender;2271664 said:
i said it before and i'll say it again, Im not worried about the packers. Al HArris is overrated and im not worried about there pass rush. Philly pass rush was dangerous and Romo didnt get sacked. We will be fine. Let them keep talking **** and we will go out and perform while they're talking.

Philly pass rush is no where near as good as Green Bay's

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we win 31-30 I'll be happy. This will be a very tough game. Much tougher than Cleveland was.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I hope this thread gets bumped after the game, regardless of the outcome.

superpunk

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2271520 said:
That certainly differs from your own past analysis.

FloridaRob;1847545 said:
this makes no sense to me. If the Cowboys are having relentess pressure on a QB, then the response to that IS for the QB to throw quick passes. Green Bay entered that game attacking deep. I don't know why they were doing that but that was the game plan. Dallas didn't take the short pass away, Mike McCarthy did with the play calling. Pressure on a Qb does not allow for a deep passing game. 7 step drops are not condusive to constant pressure from a defense.

Maybe you've deluded yourself for some more pregame confidence. I don't know.