Greetings Cowboy Fans

Kumbaya

Reaction score
I’ve been following this website for a couple of years but never joined until yesterday. I am a NY Giants fan and I like to read what fans in our division are thinking and saying about their team and other teams, especially mine.

So why come here? Why not on an Eagles or WFT Board? Well, basically, I really don’t like those latter two teams, so I don’t want to converse with their fans. But I don’t “hate” the Cowboys mostly because I really like DAK PRESCOTT. You guys got yourself a gem when you found him, and I was sick to my stomach when my guy accidentally ended his season last year. But, I am rejoicing in his success this year. I expect your Boys to win the East pretty easily so this place should be fun to pop in every so often.

Okay, I introduced myself and have said enough. Oh one more thing- any chance you guys can get Jason Garrett back? He’s a nice guy, but I really don’t want him on our sidelines….ASAP!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I KNEW IT!!!!!! Kumby has an ulterior motive and thinks we'd take Garrett back after trying to get rid of him for 10 years.

Kumby, I'd like to say things will get better but they won't. There are a lot of Princeton grads that would not make good football coaches and he's one of them.

It's interesting you bringing up those other two teams because most of us don't have a problem with Giants fans, even when you had the mouth breather at QB.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't tell me you spent all this time lurking while thinking up a good name! J/K

Garrett sucks as a coach, but he's shown himself to be pretty good at roster building, and your owner is probably smart enough to kick him to the curb once you have a coachable team.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I suggest you use a Giants logo as your avatar so people don't accuse you of trolling...as much.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Don't tell me you spent all this time lurking while thinking up a good name! J/K

Garrett sucks as a coach, but he's shown himself to be pretty good at roster building, and your owner is probably smart enough to kick him to the curb once you have a coachable team.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I suggest you use a Giants logo as your avatar so people don't accuse you of trolling...as much.

I was reluctant to use a Giants logo thinking no one would talk to the “enemy” but so far, no one has picked up any rocks to hurl at me, so I’m all in. Lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was reluctant to use a Giants logo thinking no one would talk to the “enemy” but so far, no one has picked up any rocks to hurl at me, so I’m all in. Lol
As long as you're not a dick, "most" of the folks here will be at least somewhat respectful. @Aerolithe_Lion is an Eagles fan, and a lot of people still treat him with respect.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I’ve been following this website for a couple of years but never joined until yesterday. I am a NY Giants fan and I like to read what fans in our division are thinking and saying about their team and other teams, especially mine.

So why come here? Why not on an Eagles or WFT Board? Well, basically, I really don’t like those latter two teams, so I don’t want to converse with their fans. But I don’t “hate” the Cowboys mostly because I really like DAK PRESCOTT. You guys got yourself a gem when you found him, and I was sick to my stomach when my guy accidentally ended his season last year. But, I am rejoicing in his success this year. I expect your Boys to win the East pretty easily so this place should be fun to pop in every so often.

Okay, I introduced myself and have said enough. Oh one more thing- any chance you guys can get Jason Garrett back? He’s a nice guy, but I really don’t want him on our sidelines….ASAP!
Welcome and leave our Bacon alone

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We have a few Giants fans on here, welcome! Oh and no take back on Garrett, that was a 1 year or 4000 claps coverage.

Xelda

Reaction score

:welcome:@Kumbaya and forgive gp, we really do like our bacon so tread gently around our pork. I hope Sunday's injuries are healed up fast. It was shocking to watch so many players go down for the Giants.

Thank you for your kind words about our QB. Dak went to high school about 10 to 15 miles from my home, so I'm partial to him.

There aren't many things worse than a Garrett offense unless we're talking Chip Kelly offense. Why the Giants took him, we will never know. After ten football years which equates to 40 fan years, Jerry let go of our mediocre and predictable ex coach. A huge sigh of relief for us but we'd prefer the Packers had him.

As Runny said, we can play nice with others unless they ask for us to show our teeth. Welcome in and nice to meet you.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

We have a few great fans from other team here, most of us can keep it respectful to those who come to only talk football and not troll.

Welcome to the forum

Kumbaya

Reaction score
:welcome:@Kumbaya and forgive gp, we really do like our bacon so tread gently around our pork. I hope Sunday's injuries are healed up fast. It was shocking to watch so many players go down for the Giants.

Thank you for your kind words about our QB. Dak went to high school about 10 to 15 miles from my home, so I'm partial to him.

There aren't many things worse than a Garrett offense unless we're talking Chip Kelly offense. Why the Giants took him, we will never know. After ten football years which equates to 40 fan years, Jerry let go of our mediocre and predictable ex coach. A huge sigh of relief for us but we'd prefer the Packers had him.

As Runny said, we can play nice with others unless they ask for us to show our teeth. Welcome in and nice to meet you.

unfortunately, Garrett has made a great connection with the Maras, our owners. They consider him to be family. I have no doubt Judge was realizing this when he was hired. But, to be forthright, Garrett has not been our biggest problem. In fact, his play calling has improved each game. Our biggest problem is our disappointing defense. I know losing our best player, Blake Martinez, LB, was a huge blow, but even still, the whole unit is not cutting it. We’ve invested a lot of $ into Bradberry and Jackson, our CBs….yet both stink!

oh well…life has its ups and downs too….

kskboys

Reaction score
unfortunately, Garrett has made a great connection with the Maras, our owners. They consider him to be family. I have no doubt Judge was realizing this when he was hired. But, to be forthright, Garrett has not been our biggest problem. In fact, his play calling has improved each game. Our biggest problem is our disappointing defense. I know losing our best player, Blake Martinez, LB, was a huge blow, but even still, the whole unit is not cutting it. We’ve invested a lot of $ into Bradberry and Jackson, our CBs….yet both stink!

oh well…life has its ups and downs too….
If the O hasn't been your biggest problem, it will be.

Here's the deal. Garrett doesn't seem to have a clue about TOP and sustaining drives. His O is geared around moving the ball downfield quickly. And this has a profound effect on the D. The D is on the field too long and ends up getting gassed which leads to them getting gashed.

Garrett's Os look good on paper as the numbers are generally good, but in reality they are subpar.

At one point, Dak and Cooper changed the play. Afterward, Coop said "I got tired of running at the defender and just turning around."

If you watch for this, you'll start seeing it.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
If the O hasn't been your biggest problem, it will be.

Here's the deal. Garrett doesn't seem to have a clue about TOP and sustaining drives. His O is geared around moving the ball downfield quickly. And this has a profound effect on the D. The D is on the field too long and ends up getting gassed which leads to them getting gashed.

Garrett's Os look good on paper as the numbers are generally good, but in reality they are subpar.

At one point, Dak and Cooper changed the play. Afterward, Coop said "I got tired of running at the defender and just turning around."

If you watch for this, you'll start seeing it.

I already see that, but the last two games, far less. Is he evolving and getting better?

kskboys

Reaction score
I already see that, but the last two games, far less. Is he evolving and getting better?
Man, I would imagine it's possible, but after 10 years it sure does seem unlikely.

Since Judge came from NE, maybe he's teaching Garrett some things that he learned under Josh McDaniels, who is a fine OC.

You may not know that Garrett was hired as the OC and then the HC way too early. He was not ready.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Man, I would imagine it's possible, but after 10 years it sure does seem unlikely.

Since Judge came from NE, maybe he's teaching Garrett some things that he learned under Josh McDaniels, who is a fine OC.

You may not know that Garrett was hired as the OC and then the HC way too early. He was not ready.

I believe Garrett is working side by side with Freddie Kitchens regarding the offense, so maybe Freddie is keeping him accountable.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Welcome !