Greetings

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Greetings! Longtime reader, first time poster. Thanks to everyone who posts the videos and the news updates! Just saw the Troy Aikman show link. Troy was the man, always tells it like it is even when he was playing, and we need someone like him again.

I'm a life long Cowboys fan and it's been a long 25 years since that 90's Super Bowl Team. Even the Al Davis Raiders went back to the Super Bowl so I'm wondering when our time will finally come. I thought it was our year in Dak and Zeke's rookie season. I really thought that was the one! But Dak, Zeke, Jaylon, ByronJ, DLaw, now they look like more of the same Romo, Witten, Dez, DWare years. Not hungry enough to get it done. Too much back slapping. Parcells had it right when he told everyone not to "eat the cheese." These guys just don't get it anymore and are still riding the jocks of Troy, Manster, Emmitt, Staubach and the rest of the legacy who could step up for the big games.

I'll be the optimistic guy. There is still a chance we can get hot in the end and win it all. Everyone gets so caught up who beats .500+ teams when New England is the only team that you can measure. Rams were dominating last year, now they're rolling over. Philly went to the Super Bowl a few years ago and they're even worse than us this year. San Fran is the sweetheart now and they stunk last year. It's anyone's year and we can still get hot at the right time just like the G-Men did twice.

I like Garrett probably more than the average fan, I've always respected how cool he remains, but I agree with everyone else, it's Super Bowl or bust. What I think this team needs is a coach bigger than the owner. Jerry hasn't messed up as much as he used to but like Aikman said in his show this week, it starts at the top, and Jerry still undermines at will like the kicker decision. Either Stephen finally takes over for good, or you pick a coach who has a bigger personality than Jerry. Jimmy and Bill are the only two who did, and that's why they changed the locker room culture. Jerry talks these guys up and makes them feel like heroes when they haven't even won a damn thing. I know Urban Meyer is everyone's pick and maybe he's big enough to do that, but fair or not, I keep thinking Spurrier and the Skins. I don't know if there is a guy out there who could do it other than stealing Belichick from the Pats. I just want that same feeling I had when the news leaked that Parcells was coming to Dallas for an interview. I want a coach that gives me that type of hope for this franchise.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Greetings! Longtime reader, first time poster. Thanks to everyone who posts the videos and the news updates! Just saw the Troy Aikman show link. Troy was the man, always tells it like it is even when he was playing, and we need someone like him again.

I'm a life long Cowboys fan and it's been a long 25 years since that 90's Super Bowl Team. Even the Al Davis Raiders went back to the Super Bowl so I'm wondering when our time will finally come. I thought it was our year in Dak and Zeke's rookie season. I really thought that was the one! But Dak, Zeke, Jaylon, ByronJ, DLaw, now they look like more of the same Romo, Witten, Dez, DWare years. Not hungry enough to get it done. Too much back slapping. Parcells had it right when he told everyone not to "eat the cheese." These guys just don't get it anymore and are still riding the jocks of Troy, Manster, Emmitt, Staubach and the rest of the legacy who could step up for the big games.

I'll be the optimistic guy. There is still a chance we can get hot in the end and win it all. Everyone gets so caught up who beats .500+ teams when New England is the only team that you can measure. Rams were dominating last year, now they're rolling over. Philly went to the Super Bowl a few years ago and they're even worse than us this year. San Fran is the sweetheart now and they stunk last year. It's anyone's year and we can still get hot at the right time just like the G-Men did twice.

I like Garrett probably more than the average fan, I've always respected how cool he remains, but I agree with everyone else, it's Super Bowl or bust. What I think this team needs is a coach bigger than the owner. Jerry hasn't messed up as much as he used to but like Aikman said in his show this week, it starts at the top, and Jerry still undermines at will like the kicker decision. Either Stephen finally takes over for good, or you pick a coach who has a bigger personality than Jerry. Jimmy and Bill are the only two who did, and that's why they changed the locker room culture. Jerry talks these guys up and makes them feel like heroes when they haven't even won a damn thing. I know Urban Meyer is everyone's pick and maybe he's big enough to do that, but fair or not, I keep thinking Spurrier and the Skins. I don't know if there is a guy out there who could do it other than stealing Belichick from the Pats. I just want that same feeling I had when the news leaked that Parcells was coming to Dallas for an interview. I want a coach that gives me that type of hope for this franchise.
I was hoping for a spark against the Bears. In fact, I actually expected one. But now I think this team is exactly what we've seen.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Welcome Vaqy, used to be a Vaquero on the old DC.com site, posted with him quite a bit.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Appreciate the welcome. And you are right Londonboy, it was too much. I don't think I'll be the only one. It's painful watching your team fall apart like this when it felt like another good year.

Xelda

Reaction score

YAS!!!!!!!!! Keep on posting like that and we will all love you, although we'll be cool about it and just grunt your direction once in a while. Oh yes, :star::welcome::star: