Greg Ellis & His Tenure

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Given that his tenure in Dallas may come to an end with the change to the 3-4, where do you think he'll end up and what would we give for him? With a foreseeable need at the WR position and teams that need a stud DE, where do you think he'll go if we trade him?

Personally, I'd want to get Reggie Wayne away from Indianapolis. They need a defensive boost and we need a stud #1 receiver to follow Keyshawn.

blindzebra

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
Given that his tenure in Dallas may come to an end with the change to the 3-4, where do you think he'll end up and what would we give for him? With a foreseeable need at the WR position and teams that need a stud DE, where do you think he'll go if we trade him?

Personally, I'd want to get Reggie Wayne away from Indianapolis. They need a defensive boost and we need a stud #1 receiver to follow Keyshawn.

You know the old saying about wish in one hand...

No way INDY moves Wayne for Ellis.:rolleyes:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Give DET Ellis and a 2nd round pick for WR Roy Williams.

That's one of the only players that would leave me happy at Ellis's expense.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Give DET Ellis and a 2nd round pick for WR Roy Williams.

That's one of the only players that would leave me happy at Ellis's expense.

They might do it for Rogers, but no way on Williams.

That other hand is almost full.:D

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

No way Indy makes a move for a DE even if Ellis was to be moved. You gotta remember that Indy already has two bookend studs there in Freeny and Mathis. Also, when you consider all the moves and the money spent by JJ. It's very possible that Parcells and his 3 4 may not be around if we have another subpar season.

Skeptic

Reaction score
We WON'T get equal trade value for Ellis.

Let him get the sand out of his ****** and he'll be just fine.

The guy is nearly 280. He'll hold up in the 3-4, provided he's rotated accordingly.

Trades rarely work out for the side trying to trade, unless you're the Seahawks.

Let's ride this one out.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If we wre to trade him it would be after the season when most teams have not already done their minicamps and set their roster.

And player trades almost never happen any more. There are seldom two teams with two players that dont have accelerated signing bonuses to apply to the cap that also fit mutual need.

Additionally, Ellis is not going to be traded because of the switch to the 3-4. If that was the case he would have been traded this offseason. Hes not making top DE money and hes only do a 500k roster bonus this coming offseason.

He is going to get traded because he recently acted like an idiot in front of the team and in front of us via the media.

ghst187

Reaction score
while we're thinking about trading Ellis for a WR, one trade like this that would be more feasible than a trade for WR Roy Williams would be Ellis to AZ for Boldon, who is still in a major contract dispute with AZ. Plus, they already have two other fine WRs.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
while we're thinking about trading Ellis for a WR, one trade like this that would be more feasible than a trade for WR Roy Williams would be Ellis to AZ for Boldon, who is still in a major contract dispute with AZ. Plus, they already have two other fine WRs.

That's an idea, although I think we'll have to give up a lot more than just Ellis for him. Maybe someone like Hos, who lives in Arizona, has a better idea of what kind of shape the Cards d-line is in. Denny Green does have a fetish for ex-Cowboys. ;)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
You know the old saying about wish in one hand...

No way INDY moves Wayne for Ellis.:rolleyes:

Exactly.

But perhaps we could trade for Freeney straight up?

;)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ellis isn't going anywhere. Not until after the season. Give it up already.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
why doesn't ellis gain around 10-15 lbs? it cant do him that much harm...he doesnt a burst off the line of scrimmage in the first place so i think 10-15 lbs would give him some more strength and make him a better match-up against some tackles?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
why doesn't ellis gain around 10-15 lbs? it cant do him that much harm...he doesnt a burst off the line of scrimmage in the first place so i think 10-15 lbs would give him some more strength and make him a better match-up against some tackles?
Great point but he is on a selfish kick and he had ample amount of time to make it happen, instead he is questioning his role. :(

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KDWilliams85 said:

It won't end this year. Who knows where he would potentially end up if he gets traded next year. Reggie Wayne won't happen. Lets wait to address all this next off season.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

He'll end up where all Cowboys go when they leave. AZ or Cleveland. :lmao2:

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
I would love to have Boldin.....but do you really think that an offensive minded coach like Denny Green would give the guy up for any defensive player/s. I think not.