Greg Ellis future?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Heeeeeeeeere we go.

FYI - anyone wants to advertise, I am renting this post out. PM me for details - this is premium space. This thread is gonna be huge EVERYONE will read it!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
So do I have to contact Mr. Paul Harvey for the "rest of the story"

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
I have the whole article but I don't want to get the boot :)

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
1) Ellis felt like he was left out when the Cowboys switch over to a 3-4 defense. Last years draftee's further hurt his chances to stay with the team.
2) Ellis claimed he saw the writing on the wall after seeing the Cowboy the War Room Draft Board.
3) Ellis has been very scarce at Valley Ranch in recent days and seems to be unhappy with the T.O. skipping some voluntary off-season workouts.
4) SECULATION THAT Ellis MAY skip some workouts to get himself traded or released.
5) Some gibber about the Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Roy Williams and Ellis trade pusblished by scout.com earlier this year.
6) SUMMARY: It's probably not fair that Ellis might be remembered as the disgruntled defender who got schemed out of town.

aznhalf

Reaction score
I really can't see us trading Ellis away after we paid his bonus, as small as it was. I think Jones at that point made a statement saying that he is staying for at least one more year.

I also think Ellis is enough of a professional to honor his contract this year if nothing materialized.

After this year though I highly doubt he'll be sticking around.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
What does it say about Charlie waters?

He has a new job and it has something to do with the Cowboys radio and games the Cowboys play in;)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
He has a new job and it has something to do with the Cowboys radio and games the Cowboys play in;)

ahhh sounds good, I like him he's "well spoken" ;)

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I feel for Ellis on this and I hope that this whole deal doesn't sour Ellis with the fans.. he has always been a good leader and had a great team attitude.. I like the guy as a person and a football player.. while not always superb, he has always been a very solid player for us..

Im torn though on what I want to see happen here.. I know that he is still a very good football player and would do great things for us.. BUT.. we have so much depth at the DE position now.. and Canty will be taking a lot of Ellis's playing time.. if we could get a good player (equal to Ellis, above average) at one of our "weaker" positions (OL, FS, DT) I say go for it.. although I would hate to see him go, it might be better for him and better for us..

on another note, as excited as I am about this offseason and this year's team (I am very very excited), I gotta tell ya, I am sad to see so many Cowboys leave this offseason.. Larry Allen, LaRoi Glover, Keyshawn Johnson, and Dat Nguyen were some of my favorite players.. and they were leaders.. I would hate to lose Ellis as well.. but it may be for the best..

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I can't say that I blame Greg too much. It was obvious that he didn't fit the new scheme and he was not happy last year. His PT got cut to the bone last season and he still feels that he can contribute more in a system that he fits better; he is a football player and wants to play. Finally the drafting of Hatcher who is a better fit physically than Ellis was the last scribble on the wall.

BTW I bet Ellis isn't the only vet PO'd about Owens not making the workouts. But that is as far as I am going with that line of thought or I will be ranting about Owens again.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I feel for Ellis on this and I hope that this whole deal doesn't sour Ellis with the fans.. he has always been a good leader and had a great team attitude.. I like the guy as a person and a football player.. while not always superb, he has always been a very solid player for us..

Im torn though on what I want to see happen here.. I know that he is still a very good football player and would do great things for us.. BUT.. we have so much depth at the DE position now.. and Canty will be taking a lot of Ellis's playing time.. if we could get a good player (equal to Ellis, above average) at one of our "weaker" positions (OL, FS, DT) I say go for it.. although I would hate to see him go, it might be better for him and better for us..

on another note, as excited as I am about this offseason and this year's team (I am very very excited), I gotta tell ya, I am sad to see so many Cowboys leave this offseason.. Larry Allen, LaRoi Glover, Keyshawn Johnson, and Dat Nguyen were some of my favorite players.. and they were leaders.. I would hate to lose Ellis as well.. but it may be for the best..

I echo this - Ellis has been my absolute favorite Cowboy for years now. He's brought it all to the field, been a leader for us, and been everything you can ask for a player.

But I also see where the organization is going, and it appears that it will serve us well. I have always envisioned Ellis as a career cowboy - but I can't feasibly say that will happen. Which is a shame - because if he isn't, then Dat Nguyen will be the only player drafted in the last decade that had any sort off success in the NFL and played his entire career for us. That's just a shame.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
he is now strictly a pass rusher in nickel situations and other obvious passing downs. i can't see him getting more than 15 snaps a game.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I can't believe this one hundred dollars worth of fake information...

yea, 99.9% of "TRR" news are just plain fake..
Unless it's a signing of some kind.

That Roy Williams being traded article was just ridiculous..

Now they have this.. If it were really an issue, it would be on ESPN or at least DC.com. I can see it happening though.. But, not yet.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
DCowboyz said:
yea, 99.9% of "TRR" news are just plain fake..
Unless it's a signing of some kind.

That Roy Williams being traded article was just ridiculous..

Now they have this.. If it were really an issue, it would be on ESPN or at least DC.com. I can see it happening though.. But, not yet.

GOOD POINT :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: