Greg Ellis Interview

jwitten82

Reaction score
His play prior to the injury was better. It’s my opinion that he could’ve had a HOF career if not for the injury. Never said he didn’t have a good career.
But are you talking about the Achilles injury in 2006?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The new Cowboys fan motto:

"We'll fight about anything...What, you don't think so?...Stupid!!"

jwitten82

Reaction score
Alonzo Spellman rolled his leg in the 1999 season. He was absolutely dominant before that happened.
He played in 13 games that season and had 7.5 sacks. He was in his second year, lol, you use the word dominant pretty loosely. It was a broken leg, his Achilles injury was much worse

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I always thought Ellis was underappreciated here. He played with a bunch of bums on the d-line until Ware arrived. He was pretty much the only legitimate pass rushing threat. He also had the stigma of being the guy who was drafted instead of Moss.

Nice to see him getting some love now.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
But are you talking about the Achilles injury in 2006?
No the broken leg. Before that injury Greg was becoming dominant. He was starting to become the game changer they envisioned. He slowed down and for some reason never regained that level. But he was still a very solid player.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I always thought Ellis was underappreciated here. He played with a bunch of bums on the d-line until Ware arrived. He was pretty much the only legitimate pass rushing threat. He also had the stigma of being the guy who was drafted instead of Moss.

Nice to see him getting some love now.
He had a good career, a better career than Tank thats for sure

jwitten82

Reaction score
No the broken leg. Before that injury Greg was becoming dominant. He was starting to become the game changer they envisioned. He slowed down and for some reason never regained that level. But he was still a very solid player.
He had 7.5 sacks in 13 games. He had better seasons after the injury, he was never dominant except maybe in 2007

Praxit

Reaction score
...I liked Ellis good player for Dallas.

Crap, im getting old.. ;)..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hopefully he's not their friend we just had that leave
Well, we're talking about someone totally different. I'm betting Greg Ellis is far more of a good thing, but we'll see. Gotta give him a chance.:thumbup: Can't say as I blame you for being suspicious, though . . . different strokes for different folks, like they say! Quinn fooled me, too, for awhile.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Well, we're talking about someone totally different. I'm betting Greg Ellis is far more of a good thing, but we'll see. Gotta give him a chance.:thumbup: Can't say as I blame you for being suspicious, though . . . different strokes for different folks, like they say! Quinn fooled me, too, for awhile.
Lol gotcha!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I vividly remember when Jerry passed on so called “thug” Randy Moss for Greg Ellis, who he said he would allow to “babysit his kids.”

Jeez if that actually happened Stephen just might know a little more about football.