Greg Ellis is not Cutting It

jblaze2004

Reaction score
on the otherside of demarcus ware.....we need spencer fully healthy and ready to play. He can be the difference maker we need on D.
Greg ellis only has 19 tkls and 3sacks through 8 games and playing almost all the games...Its Pathetic almost like brad johnson stats:banghead:
for comparison demarcus ware has 44tcks and 9sacks in the same time span.

hell our starting d-line got more tackles then ellis. Anthony Spencer got 6tackles in the limited time he has played.
Ellis needs to stop crying and start playing back to his probowl status.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Let's just hope Spencer can stay healthy for the rest of the season. So irritating.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
How do we even know what Spencer is at this point? He has barely been on the field.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
I think Ellis at this stage of his career is better suited for nickel situations, where he can come in fresh and his only responsibilty is to rush the qb.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
bootyhunta;2386579 said:
I think Ellis at this stage of his career is better suited for nickel situations, where he can come in fresh and his only responsibilty is to rush the qb.

If Ellis isn't rushing the passer I don't want him anywhere near the field, he's such a liability out there...:banghead:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
bootyhunta;2386579 said:

We cannot afford to do that. It might hurt his feelings.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bootyhunta;2386579 said:

:hammer:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;2386552 said:
How do we even know what Spencer is at this point? He has barely been on the field.
True, but I bet he'll be at least as productive as Ellis has been. Time to find out what the young guy can do. Plus, it'll keep Ellis fresh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ellis is the best we have at the position. I don't know why you all of a sudden are singing the praises of Anthony Spencer. I hope he reaches his potential as well as the next guy but he has proved NOTHING for him to all of a sudden get the start over Ellis. We're just coming off a game where we didn't allow not ONE TOUCHDOWN. Atleast give the defense a chance to show what they have the next game before we try to fix something that may not be broken.

And I don't know if you guys realize but we're 5th in the league in sacks and we only trail by 4 from being #1. The sacks just aren't there for Ellis. And the sad part is we should probably be #1 if we didn't miss out on so many sacks due to not wrapping up in the Packers and Eagles game.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
rocyaice;2386684 said:
And I don't know if you guys realize but we're 5th in the league in sacks and we only trail by 4 from being #1. The sacks just aren't there for Ellis. And the sad part is we should probably be #1 if we didn't miss out on so many sacks due to not wrapping up in the Packers and Eagles game.
Fifth in the leage in sacks is misleading b/c more than half the time we have very little pressure on the QB.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
bootyhunta;2386579 said:

We would probably see more of this if Spencer could stay on the field

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
rocyaice;2386684 said:
Ellis is the best we have at the position. I don't know why you all of a sudden are singing the praises of Anthony Spencer. I hope he reaches his potential as well as the next guy but he has proved NOTHING for him to all of a sudden get the start over Ellis. We're just coming off a game where we didn't allow not ONE TOUCHDOWN. Atleast give the defense a chance to show what they have the next game before we try to fix something that may not be broken.

Exactly. Like 3 sacks in 8 games sucks. Except for Ware they have missed some sacks but McNabb just doesn't go down easily. Ellis is doing well. Just not great. That's ok.

We need Ware, Ellis, Ratliff, and Spencer on the field during pass rushing situations as much as possible. It's not Ellis or Spencer but all of them when possible.

MONT17

Reaction score
Here in Jerry Land we let our old players play until they are completely useless because we r affraid the rooks r jus as bad!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Future;2386706 said:
Fifth in the leage in sacks is misleading b/c more than half the time we have very little pressure on the QB.

I agree but the topic creator is complaining about sacks or he brings up the sack statistic anyway. Cowboys are getting pressure on the quarterback. Just look at 90% of the rest of the leagues games. Cowboys just had the misfortune of going against guys who get the ball out in about 2 or 3 seconds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
jobberone;2386717 said:
Exactly. Like 3 sacks in 8 games sucks. Except for Ware they have missed some sacks but McNabb just doesn't go down easily. Ellis is doing well. Just not great. That's ok.

We need Ware, Ellis, Ratliff, and Spencer on the field during pass rushing situations as much as possible. It's not Ellis or Spencer but all of them when possible.

I agree. And he brings up Ware as if that's a reasonable comparison lol. Of course Ware is gonna look lightyears better than Ellis. He's lightyears better than 98% of the league on defense lol. Just sit back and look at what you have in Ellis and not compare him to Ware. He's doing his job. Like you said, not great but okay. Hardly a liability like some suggest.

elcowboi

Reaction score
I think they have been dropping Ellis in coverage way too much. Ware and Ellis brought a lot of pressure against the Bucs. They didn't get sacks (Ellis and Ware) but they made Garcia get rid of the ball.

The last few games Ellis was dropping into coverage and the line could just slide their protection to Ware. When they brought both, the o-line couldn't do that and Garcia had to get rid of the ball quickly. Ellis almost got there a few times like Ware.

If they keep bringing Ware AND Ellis, his sacks will go up and he might even get a streak of 2-3 a game. I know it might be a long shot but it could happen.