Greg Ellis - This is really disappointing

Champsheart

Reaction score
I am very dissapointed with Greg Ellis right now. This has been handled horribly, and some of his quotes really disturb me.

If he said anything close to what he quoted in JJT's article to BP than I can not blame Parcells for being pissed off.

First let me say I do understand why Ellis would be concerned, and he has that right, but how you handle it shows something about your resolve, character, and willingness.

I have always looked at Ellis as a charcater guy, and a leader on this defense. I have also thought for a long time he is under rated. But he really has me wondering right now.

The first thing that really disturbs me is he has allowed this to become a public issue. Sure there where a couple of rumblings before he said anything, but once he was approached it should have been mouth shut.

Instead he has allowed this to become a public matter that will be discussed many times over all over the air waves, and worst of all a distraction to the team.
I really have a problem with this, and this is not how a leader handles a situation like this. The Cowboys do not need this crap right now.

Second and probably worst of all if you read his quotes, he has taken a defeated attitude. This is just horrible, and not how one should react to a situation like this.

All I am hearing is I dont think I will be here much longer, I am to small, I will try, my fate has already been determined. So it may not have been these exact words, but that is exactly what he is saying. He already sounds defeated.

This attitude he has taken really disturbs me, and is no way to show our young players how to handle adverse situations, and in no way shows the slightest bit of leadership qualities.

Greg is letting the team and himself down!

This is troubling, and I hope this gets taken care of quick one way or the another.

As much as I have always liked Ellis, if he can not get on board he needs to go! We have no time for guys who do not think they can do it, and what to stamp there ticket out of town.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Sorry Champs, but...

DSC01826_malawi_cliff_jump.jpg

It must be catching..

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
I am very dissapointed with Greg Ellis right now. This has been handled horribly, and some of his quotes really disturb me.

If he said anything close to what he quoted in JJT's article to BP than I can not blame Parcells for being pissed off.

First let me say I do understand why Ellis would be concerned, and he has that right, but how you handle it shows something about your resolve, character, and willingness.

I have always looked at Ellis as a charcater guy, and a leader on this defense. I have also thought for a long time he is under rated. But he really has me wondering right now.

The first thing that really disturbs me is he has allowed this to become a public issue. Sure there where a couple of rumblings before he said anything, but once he was approached it should have been mouth shut.

Instead he has allowed this to become a public matter that will be discussed many times over all over the air waves, and worst of all a distraction to the team.
I really have a problem with this, and this is not how a leader handles a situation like this. The Cowboys do not need this crap right now.

Second and probably worst of all if you read his quotes, he has taken a defeated attitude. This is just horrible, and not how one should react to a situation like this.

All I am hearing is I dont think I will be here much longer, I am to small, I will try, my fate has already been determined. So it may not have been these exact words, but that is exactly what he is saying. He already sounds defeated.

This attitude he has taken really disturbs me, and is no way to show our young players how to handle adverse situations, and in no way shows the slightest bit of leadership qualities.

Greg is letting the team and himself down!

This is troubling, and I hope this gets taken care of quick one way or the another.

As much as I have always liked Ellis, if he can not get on board he needs to go! We have no time for guys who do not think they can do it, and what to stamp there ticket out of town.

good post.

JsnSA

Reaction score
How did Ellis let this get out in the open??

If Parcells had talked to him instead of screaming at him (from what I have heard about the situation), no one would no that Ellis was that concerned about this.

Seems like its more Parcells fault for it getting out into the open than Ellis.

Champsheart

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Sorry Champs, but...

DSC01826_malawi_cliff_jump.jpg

It must be catching..

LTN, just replace that guy with Ellis, and it would be the perfect picture for this post.

I have always really liked Ellis, but I just can not respect what he is doing to himself and the team right now. Actually I had to read JJT's article a couple times to make sure I was reading it right.

I am still stunned.

Champsheart

Reaction score
JsnSA said:

If Parcells had talked to him instead of screaming at him (from what I have heard about the situation), no one would no that Ellis was that concerned about this.

Like I said in the post, there where a couple of rumblings.

But, there was nothing to validate what happened, nor where there any details. Basically if things stop there then very possibly not much else is said about it.

When Ellis was approached he just said of made a statement of things are fine, and I am on board. Nuff said!

Instead Ellis has come straight out, and allowed this to become a public issue, given details, and validated the story. His comments are allowing this thing to take off, when he could have stopped it at the starting line.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
LTN, just replace that guy with Ellis, and it would be the perfect picture for this post.

I have always really liked Ellis, but I just can not respect what he is doing to himself and the team right now. Actually I had to read JJT's article a couple times to make sure I was reading it right.

I am still stunned.
Ok Champs, I didn't mean to be so flippant.

Let's hope it's WAY blown out of proportion...I like GE a LOT, too, and for now prefer to believe it was one of those 'snap' situations where too much tension has built up, and things just get, well, said.

We've all been there, all regret them, and usually, when the folks involved have the maturity, common sense, and history of a Greg Ellis, no bridges get burned.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
This is old news and it won't be a problem once the games start. People get upset and vent and sometimes it comes out the wrong way. We shouldn't let one incident tarnish a guy's reputation. Most people don't make the kind of money that Ellis does but we all have probably gotten upset over something at work and reacted the wrong way.

Manster68

Reaction score
You know, I have the utmost respect for Greg Ellis as well. Also, I do not know what the heck happened between him and Parcells.

One thing that has put my mind at ease is the fact that Parcells and Phil Sims didn't always see eye to eye, yet the job got done.

IOW, if Ellis is the professional that many of us believe he is, he will work through this dilemma, and hopefully he will see the light and buy into the system the way Larry Allen has on the other side of the ball.

I do remember in previous years Ellis playing a few plays at defensive tackle. Just how much of difference is there between a 4-3 DT and a 3-4 DE? They both will go up against multiple linemen, right? I thought Greg Ellis played well there also. So it does baffle me some that he would have this confrontation with the coaching staff.

Then again, maybe we fans are blowing this out of proportion.

Champsheart

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Ok Champs, I didn't mean to be so flippant.

Let's hope it's WAY blown out of proportion...I like GE a LOT, too, and for now prefer to believe it was one of those 'snap' situations where too much tension has built up, and things just get, well, said.

We've all been there, all regret them, and usually, when the folks involved have the maturity, common sense, and history of a Greg Ellis, no bridges get burned.

No doubt, I am with you there. I really hope that is the case.

But, there still remains this self defeated attitude he seems to have taken. That is what worries me the most, I just hope he sees it, and flips this thing around.

I have yet to ever see someone in basically anything, let alone Sports to ever succeed when the think they will fail, and honestly I am hearing nothing from him except I will try. That really worries me.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JsnSA said:

According to the original story Ellis told the story to a friend who told the paper.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ellis is making this public and his shouting match with Parcells is to facilitate the trade....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Ellis is making this public and his shouting match with Parcells is to facilitate the trade....
Which will happen the day after we sign Ty Law.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
No doubt, I am with you there. I really hope that is the case.

But, there still remains this self defeated attitude he seems to have taken. That is what worries me the most, I just hope he sees it, and flips this thing around.

I have yet to ever see someone in basically anything, let alone Sports to ever succeed when the think they will fail, and honestly I am hearing nothing from him except I will try. That really worries me.

Self fulfilling prophecy. I hope and pray that it is not the case, it is like blood in the water; his teammates are looking at him differently right about now. If he is to command the same level respect that he once had some redemption will be in order.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Nors must got a target on his back because he takes more shots then a firing range, lol.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:

Not that you ever really have this at the ready but where is the proof that supports this comment?

TheHustler

Reaction score
Ellis didn't make it public, Ellis's friend told Newy about it in what was described as casual conversation. Sorry, no conspiracy theory here.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Just like the AB story

There is reality here - happened
In the story the trade word was thrown at Ellis.

Ellis trying to faciltate and accelearte a trade? My educated guess. Dallas has been actively trying to trade him pre draft. Lets see where this goes!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Not that you ever really have this at the ready but where is the proof that supports this comment?

This is a discussion board.

Want to read the news after it happens go elsewhere. :mad: