Greg Ellis

dfense

Reaction score
It's beginning to look like father time is catching up with Mr Ellis. His speed is really beginning to slow. He takes more and more plays off. And last night, he wiffed big time on two sure sacks that he had a clear path to the QB and Rogers just either ducked under him or simply side stepped him.

Looks like Dallas will be looking for a replacement in the draft pretty soon.

khiladi

Reaction score
dfense;2277918 said:
It's beginning to look like father time is catching up with Mr Ellis. His speed is really beginning to slow. He takes more and more plays off. And last night, he wiffed big time on two sure sacks that he had a clear path to the QB and Rogers just either ducked under him or simply side stepped him.

They already have their replacement in Spencer... He is going to be big, and the sooner he gets on the field, the better it is for this defense.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Ellis is doing great....I have not notice his decline......will watch him closer.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2277972 said:
Ellis is doing great....I have not notice his decline......will watch him closer.
yes...you need to watch him closer...I would prefer they let him play with his hand on the ground....he looked like he was playing blindfolded when rushing from an upright position.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dfense;2277918 said:

Ever heard of Anthony Spencer?

:omg:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dfense;2277918 said:

Really? Father time caught him in a matter of 6 days? Guess that must have been another, younger, Ellis out there sacking McNabb twice on Monday night.

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2277991 said:
Really? Father time caught him in a matter of 6 days? Guess that must have been another, younger, Ellis out there sacking McNabb twice on Monday night.

He beat a tight-end on one, and another was a coverage sack where he beat one offensive lineman. Ware is getting all the attention and the way the secondary is playing, Ellis should be stepping up big-time.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Ellis actually looks pretty good. He could have had another sack if he didn't bounce off of Rodgers. I would hardly say he's lost a step. He is still very effective.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
khiladi;2277993 said:
He beat a tight-end on one, and another was a coverage sack where he beat one offensive lineman. Ware is getting all the attention and the way the secondary is playing, Ellis should be stepping up big-time.

Oh yeah I forgot. SHAME ON ELLIS! YOU'RE NOT DRAWING ENOUGH ATTENTION OLD MAN!

Same 2 sacks through 3 games that Ware has but you completely and utterly suck now.

Pfft.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think once spears comes back and Ellis gets more rush and we got more pass rushers it will only get better for him and us. Although I see no signs of age just him getting juked by Rogers is embarrassing.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2278068 said:

Same 2 sacks through 3 games that Ware has but you completely and utterly suck now.

Pfft.

Ware has three sacks.....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2278072 said:
I think once spears comes back and Ellis gets more rush and we got more pass rushers it will only get better for him and us. Although I see no signs of age just him getting juked by Rogers is embarrassing.

And he wasn't the only one. Henry really missed his first sack too, Rodgers just spun and fell over his feet like an uncordinated child. Ratliff had another sack in the game as well that Rodgers managed to fight through and complete a pass for a first down on.

So I'd hardly say that Ellis is the only one who missed on him.

silver

Reaction score
I think Ellis can play for 3 more years, especially if they use him exclusively on passing downs. Too bad Spencer got hurt since he should've been the one playing on running downs to keep Ellis fresh for the 4th quarter. Sure he's slowing down but he's still our 2nd best pass rusher. The league has cracked down on unessesary roughness penalties and has made vets like Ellis more timid (smarter if you ask me). People would really be on his arse had he gotten a late hit penalty to keep a drive alive.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2278082 said:
Did he get one against Cleveland? I guess I missed that one.

Yea he forced a fumble by Anderson I think in the 4th, ff on qb's count as sacks

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2278068 said:

Pfft.

Ware is getting double and triple teamed, and offensive coaches are game-planning against him. Greg Ellis isn't. Ratliff is being double-teamed by nature of the position, and he is wreaking way more havoc than Greg Ellis.

Greg Ellis is getting plenty of favorable match-ups.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Cowboys&Caps;2278219 said:
Yea he forced a fumble by Anderson I think in the 4th, ff on qb's count as sacks

AHHHH yes. I remember that play now. I'd forgotten about that and forgot that it was counted as a sack.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
khiladi;2278227 said:
Ware is getting double and triple teamed, and offensive coaches are game-planning against him. Greg Ellis isn't. Ratliff is being double-teamed by nature of the position, and he is wreaking way more havoc than Greg Ellis.

Greg Ellis is getting plenty of favorable match-ups.

I guess i missed that last night but I don't recall seeing Ware get tripled teamed except when he would roll from the outside and try and come up the middle and ran into the middle guys.

When he was outside, including on his sack play, he was one-on-one with the tackle.

Now, obviously, I don't watch Ware on every single down. I have lots of Cowboys I like to watch so I am looking all over the place but the idea that he's always getting double and triple teams is simply not correct.

Ellis did just fine he just made mistakes and cost himself a couple of sacks. Like I said he's not the only guy who left sacks on the field last night and he's not the only guy to ever whiff like that.

When he's got 10+ at the end of the year again I'm sure there will be some who still won't be happy with his production.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2278077 said:
Ware has three sacks.....

Which brings up a question I had on the game. I think it was in the fourth quarter Ware chased Rogers out of bounds short of the LOS. Shouldnt that count as a sack?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ellis is not the only player missing tackles. In fact, I just posted this in another thread. Eveybody is missing tackles. It's really a drag because our defensive numbers could be so much better right now. Ellis is doing fine. We have played 3 of the best OLs in the NFL, our first 3 games.