Greg Jones

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I remember some wanted us to draft Greg Jones last year, and I admit that highlight run of him OWNING Sean Taylor did make him look appealing... Interesting, though, how little he's done to even secure a backup role in Jacksonville.

I just came across this nugget from the fantasy site Draftsharks:
Who's #2?
Jack Del Rio confirmed that LaBrandon Toefield has lost his #2 spot on the depth chart to rookie Alvin Pearman. Pearman is averaging 4.9 yards per carry in limited action. "Alvin's the [top] backup now," Del Rio said. "It's not a negative on anything LaBrandon has done. We just have a good, young player in Alvin." If Fred Taylor (ankle) cannot go, we would expect Pearman to get 10+ carries this Sunday, but probably not many more -- look for a mini-RBBC with Toefield and Greg Jones helping out in different situations.

So apparently, Greg is somewhere around 4th string. Glad we dodged that bullet! I'll put him in the same box with Quentin Jammer as guys I'm glad we didn't end up with!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
Greg Jones is a FB (mainly) for the Jags.

Correct and I can not remember who I seen him playing against a week or so ago but when they put him in towards the in of the game he was like a human wrecking ball....he was just blowing through people and dragging them.