Gregory: "I felt their OL couldn't block me.", calls out Patriots for dirty play

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe by a lot more than 14 if we didn't turn the ball over twice in the red zone. No BS calls, but our turn overs almost cost us.
yes, that has to get cleaned up. the first interception was a fluke, bouncing up like that and right into the defenders belly.

the second one, Dak has to secure the ball better, but those type of plays usually need a QB to leap over and given Dak's ankle, not sure why Moore called that play......but regardless we scored on 3rd down and they didn't call it.....and no way for us to challenge if its not called a TD...

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm obviously a bit biased but I feel like he gets held a lot in games this season.
He flat got tackled on one play during the Pat’s drive when they scored and went up 21-20. It was so blatantly obvious I couldn’t believe a flag wasn’t thrown.

Reactions: BAT

lukin2006

Reaction score
The Patriots may chest? Yeah I think cheating is embedded in the organization…hopefully Jerry gave Kraft Garrett a glowing recommendation for when Bill retires…

Reactions: BAT

glimmerman

Reaction score
The pats were practicing the cut blocks. I think it got called out days before the game so I guess they ditched the idea before the game.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Unnecessary, maybe. But not dirty. I get Gregory being upset by it though, the same way Toney was upset by Kazee slamming him to the turf after the whistle in the Giants game. Same vein.
The only purpose of his move was to hurt someone. Definition of dirty play. Not similar at all to Toney getting tossed. You should know better

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd like to see the video and form an opinion. I do remember seeing a couple pretty obvious holds that weren't called.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Someone needs to remind Gregory that game yesterday was at NE. Everyone knew before the game how it would going to be called.

To hear Zeke call to the officiating and now Gregory do it also should really tell you guys something.
Yeah, normally they just blow it off and say it's part of the game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And the Pats message board has the nerve to complain about the refs not calling that facemask in OT.

We win by 14 in regulation if the refs called a fair game yesterday.
But...IMO, that uncalled facemask is strong evidence for incompetence, rather than bias

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The early hold on Smith was bad too. Yet, they let them hold the entire game.

The hands to the face on Smith was really his neck. Not sure about the rule on that one.
I think the hand came up under the jaw, pushing up. I'm not going to complain about that call.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
hes held most Ive ever seen with very little calls. bias not sure but dude is being mugged..hey we see it , cant be bias can it..

If the officials ever start looking for holds against us like they do for our opponents then we’re going to run away with some of these games.

NFL and Redzone offense junked that game up enough to give New England a chance.

lk8701

Reaction score
Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory didn’t appreciate how Sunday’s 35-29 victory ended, calling out Patriots center David Andrews for a play Gregory called “dirty.”

According to Gregory, Andrews speared him in the neck after the final play of regulation as Gregory was on the ground with his head on another player’s leg.

“Me, I talk a lot during the game, I think that’s part of the game, there’s some people that need that aspect of the game to get going,” Gregory said. “But when you cross the line and start to do things like that it’s unfortunate, because I know him. We trained together pre-draft and we had conversations on the field. But you start whooping up on their O-line, which we were, me especially, they get pissed off so it is what it is.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...riots-dirty-play-randy-gregory-david-andrews/

Nobody can block Studgory. The only way to stop him is to cheat/hold.