Recommended Gregory Suspended Indefinitly **merged**

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You don't think other places would have drug policies? Heck these guys could go into public sanitation and they are still gonna get tested. Even legal drugs and alcohol can get you fired no matter what you do.
The NFL can't openly allow the widespread use of marijuana with players safety a major issue

Imagine the lawsuit if someone is high on drugs and injures another player or gets hurt himself or develops CTE down the road.... would you want your pilot or surgeon or school bus driver to high on marijuana while doing their job... how about NASCAR or Boxing

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
The NFL can't openly allow the widespread use of marijuana with players safety a major issue

Imagine the lawsuit if someone is high on drugs and injures another player or gets hurt himself or develops CTE down the road.... would you want your pilot or surgeon or school bus driver to high on marijuana while doing their job... how about NASCAR or Boxing

Um yeah that's basically what I'm saying.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You don't think other places would have drug policies? Heck these guys could go into public sanitation and they are still gonna get tested. Even legal drugs and alcohol can get you fired no matter what you do.

You mean you don't get 4 or 5 chances before they fire you? lol

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Weed is a petty offense. I could see a one game suspension and a fine but a bannable offense? LOL. Weed is used medically and is legal in some states. Its not performance enhancing or addictive.

A lifetime ban is like the equivalent of speeding in a school zone and having your drivers license suspended indefinitely.

The Nfl is a joke w their stance and policy on weed.

Deflating footballs, taking peds, cheating, and soliciting prostitution maybe. But weed. Nah. Even a 1 game suspension is pretty harsh.

The NFL NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR POLICIES ON WEED. STATES WHERE WEED IS LEGAL SHOULD BAND TOGETHER AND REFUSE TO TELEVISE THE GAMES. IF THE NFL HAD ONE OF THE HUNDREDS OF MEDICAL PROBLEMS THAT WEED HAS BENEFITS THE WEED DISPENSERIES WOULD BE SPONSORING NFL GAMES. LOL.

THE PUNISHMENT DOESNT FIT THE CRIME AND THATS WHY THE NFL WILL ALWAYS BE SHADY

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Weed is a petty offense. I could see a one game suspension and a fine but a bannable offense? LOL. Weed is used medically and is legal in some states. Its not performance enhancing or addictive.

A lifetime ban is like the equivalent of speeding in a school zone and having your drivers license suspended indefinitely.

Ok so I understand that it is not "physically" addictive like heroin but there is a reason Gregory can't stop.

On the second part of they don't suspend your license indefinitely for speeding in a school zone you bet your butt they will if you do it as many times as Gregory has tested positive.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Ok so I understand that it is not "physically" addictive like heroin but there is a reason Gregory can't stop.

On the second part of they don't suspend your license indefinitely for speeding in a school zone you bet your butt they will if you do it as many times as Gregory has tested positive.

He prolly has one of those conditions and nothing else really works. I dont look down at Gregory at all. Its used all over the Country for MEDICINAL purposes and is Legalized because of that. Maybe the NFL should make exceptions if that is the situation. It still shouldnt be a bannable offense. If him employer chooses to let him go thats another thing. Maybe he can play for the Broncos in a state where weed is legalized. Where the sick and disabled cannot afford or take all the medicines that western medicine provides and a little bit of weed or herbs works better without all the complications to taking medicine. Maybe they dont believe in western medicine. You might have to have a condition to understand that so just pump the brakes a bit before you crucify these players for weed. Not all these athletes are pill freaks and may have conditions that limit them to using weed only.

Im just glad hes not harming his body with peds, pills, cocaine and cheating and soliciting prostitution or wrecking his car into a tree and getting a pi charge or doing anything more SERIOUS or publicly humiliating. Lol. When Rico had his little stint with weed did anyone crucify the player? How about Nate Newton? Nobody cares and its an outdated policy by the NFL.

If weed use in his own privacy helps allow him to play without performance enhancement and stay off harmful medications that would harm his football performance then I say let the kid play. Fine him a game check and move on NFL. THE TEAM DOESNT CARE THE FANS DONT CARE AND THE NFL SHOULDNT CARE EITHER. NOT MORE THAN 1 GAME CHECK PER INCENDENT. ANYTHING ELSE AND THE PUNISHMENT DOESNT FIT THE CRIME.

DONT USE ANY HARMLESS WEED- BUT YOU CAN TAKE ALL OF THESE PRESCRIBED MEDS THAT WILL HARM YOUR BODY AND CAREER. WESTERN MEDICINE AT ITS FINEST. THE NFL NEEDS TO GET A GRIP.

Last edited:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score

The Nfl is a joke w their stance and policy on weed.

Deflating footballs, taking peds, cheating, and soliciting prostitution maybe. But weed. Nah. Even a 1 game suspension is pretty harsh.

The NFL NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR POLICIES ON WEED. STATES WHERE WEED IS LEGAL SHOULD BAND TOGETHER AND REFUSE TO TELEVISE THE GAMES. IF THE NFL HAD ONE OF THE HUNDREDS OF MEDICAL PROBLEMS THAT WEED HAS BENEFITS THE WEED DISPENSERIES WOULD BE SPONSORING NFL GAMES. LOL.

THE PUNISHMENT DOESNT FIT THE CRIME AND THATS WHY THE NFL WILL ALWAYS BE SHADY
NBA doesn't test for it

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Yes they do...... up to 4 random tests a season..... none in the offseason

the NFL levels are higher for a failed test though

Nobody cares if they smoke their blunts either. Lol. The basketball community would crack if a brother got suspended indefinitely for weed just cuz he hung out w snoop dog for a day. Lol

Them

Reaction score
...The Cowboys obviously would like to keep Randy...the NFL will hand out some form of punishment...but in MMHO...It won't be to severe...and Randy should be able to play again, sometime this season...How can the NFL be handing out a Life-time ban or such, when so many states have already legalized "smoke."
It just wouldn't seem right...
F3Vk3ef.png

Bluefin

Reaction score
The NFL's policy on marijuana is ancient and in need of a complete overhaul.

This is especially true in the case of Randy Gregory, a player who has mental health problems that far outweigh smoking pot.

I do feel as though the NFL is changing how they deal with these cases, although at a much slower pace than I would prefer. It seems like they want to see Gregory absolutely committed to his program this off-season and that his 2019 eligibility will be re-visited if all goes well in that regard.

The Cowboys need to go after DL in a big way the next two months. Sign or trade for an UT and an an edge rusher, then draft any DL position that provides value.