Twitter: Gregory's playing at a high level

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's right there with Diggs......

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/18/cowboys-dak-prescott-nfl-week-6-fmia-peter-king/

3. I think defensive end Randy Gregory is having an impact in Dallas. His last three games were ca
pped by a powerful performance in Foxboro, in which Mac Jones felt Gregory’s presence all day. His three-game run:

Carolina: 2 sacks, 2 QB hits
N.Y. Giants: No sacks, 6 QB hurries, 3 QB hits
New England: 2 sacks, 2 QB hurries, 1 QB hit, 1 forced fumble

As many times as the Cowboys were criticized for sticking with the troubled Gregory, now that he appears to have his life in order, the combination of Gregory and rookie Micah Parsons on the front seven is gold for the Cowboys’ front. His first big play was a strip-sack of Mac Jones, leading to the Dallas field goal in the second quarter. His second forced a New England punt on the first series of the second half. Both sacks ended Patriots drives.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
pay him 15M/year for 7 years with large guarantees that completely void in case of suspension.

yes he'll be 35 by the end of such a contract, but he is low mileage due to having missed so much time so he has extra tread on the tires left that other 35 year olds like D. Ware won't have at that age. So he'll be like someone early 30s when he's 35.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
pay him 15M/year for 7 years with large guarantees that completely void in case of suspension.

yes he'll be 35 by the end of such a contract, but he is low mileage due to having missed so much time so he has extra tread on the tires left that other 35 year olds like D. Ware won't have at that age. So he'll be like someone early 30s when he's 35.

$15M is probably his floor if he continues at this pace coz it'll likely be the 2022 franchise tag range. In other words, it will cost us at least this to keep him off the market.
Just me, but I don't see Stephen offering him a long-term market value deal .....yet. I'm he will tell him to do it one more year, you'll get your deal. Otherwise, we are going to tag you.....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/18/cowboys-dak-prescott-nfl-week-6-fmia-peter-king/

3. I think defensive end Randy Gregory is having an impact in Dallas. His last three games were ca
pped by a powerful performance in Foxboro, in which Mac Jones felt Gregory’s presence all day. His three-game run:

As many times as the Cowboys were criticized for sticking with the troubled Gregory, now that he appears to have his life in order, the combination of Gregory and rookie Micah Parsons on the front seven is gold for the Cowboys’ front. His first big play was a strip-sack of Mac Jones, leading to the Dallas field goal in the second quarter. His second forced a New England punt on the first series of the second half. Both sacks ended Patriots drives.

Exactly..

This is why just looking at the numbers and saying we don’t get pressure is silly.

Dallas opponents sure as heck respect our pass rush. That ball is coming out quick and when it doesn’t it tends to avalanche on them like the Panthers in the 3rd quarter.

Dallas with a lead is nasty.

You want improved defense? Tell this offense to get a lead for them.

Just like all of you who thought the Chiefs had a good defense.. Their defense was good because their offense put a mountain of pressure on opposing offenses.

glimmerman

Reaction score
$15M is probably his floor if he continues at this pace coz it'll likely be the 2022 franchise tag range. In other words, it will cost us at least this to keep him off the market.
Just me, but I don't see Stephen offering him a long-term market value deal .....yet. I'm he will tell him to do it one more year, you'll get your deal. Otherwise, we are going to tag you.....
Maybe he will be responsible since we kept him around when we could have cut bait.

shabazz

Reaction score
Better late than never.........."waste of talent” will be on his head stone

29 years old already and has missed 26 games , mostly through stupidity. Took a lot of wasted seasons to finally become an adult that understand rules.

Let’s hope he doesn’t regress because he’s running out of time

Cowboyny

Reaction score

I don't think we need to worry about him leaving anytime soon. Question is, will he give the team a discount from sticking with him throughout all these years?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
hes-heating-up.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think we need to worry about him leaving anytime soon. Question is, will he give the team a discount from sticking with him throughout all these years?

I can answer that .........NO! I'm pretty sure his agent will we could have released him at any time but it wouldn't have stopped him from pursuing opportunities with other teams. Also, it's not like we paid him during the suspensions. I do think if it's close he'll sign with the Cowboys but I'm sure it'll come to that. I'm guessing Stephen's not ready to give him a deal off ONE year. If he proves it again, no problem. It is the same tactic used with DLaw.

Do agree he's not going anywhere soon.......

glimmerman

Reaction score
A 1 year deal coming soon. Maybe 2 years. We will have to move a lot of contracts around.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I can answer that .........NO! I'm pretty sure his agent will we could have released him at any time but it wouldn't have stopped him from pursuing opportunities with other teams. Also, it's not like we paid him during the suspensions. I do think if it's close he'll sign with the Cowboys but I'm sure it'll come to that. I'm guessing Stephen's not ready to give him a deal off ONE year. If he proves it again, no problem. It is the same tactic used with DLaw.

Do agree he's not going anywhere soon.......
So you think they are franchising him?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So you think they are franchising him?

IF he continues at the current pace or finishes the season with double-digit sacks, yes! No way Jerry lets him walk with the tag in his pocket. Remember this is the last year of guaranteed money on DLaw's contract. I think there's a real chance they ask him to restructure or be released at Gregory's expense.

I'll ask you ......let's say finish the season with 13 sacks. Would you let him walk?????

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/

Cowboyny

Reaction score
IF he continues at the current pace or finishes the season with double-digit sacks, yes! No way Jerry lets him walk with the tag in his pocket. Remember this is the last year of guaranteed money on DLaw's contract. I think there's a real chance they ask him to restructure or be released at Gregory's expense.

I'll ask you ......let's say finish the season with 13 sacks. Would you let him walk?????

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/
No chance they let him walk in that scenario.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better late than never.........."waste of talent” will be on his head stone

29 years old already and has missed 26 games , mostly through stupidity. Took a lot of wasted seasons to finally become an adult that understand rules.

Let’s hope he doesn’t regress because he’s running out of time
Mental illness is not stupidity, your post is.....