Gridiron Gang question...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching this movie (great movie by the way).

I was reading up on the real Sean Porter and the True story. Apparantly the character Willie Weathers is based on a real person named Michael Black. Supposedly he went from Camp Kilpatrick to play at Washington State. Also, there's this...

Is the character of Willie Weathers based on a real person?
Yes. Willie Weathers, whose cousin Roger is killed early in the film, is in fact based on a real person. However, the real individual's name is Michael Black, not Willie Weathers. After leaving Camp Kilpatrick, Michael Black went on to play for Washington State, and then to the NFL where he played for both the Dallas Cowboys and the Seattle Seahawks. -AICN.com

Link

Does anyone remember a Michael Black ever playing for the Cowboys?

gillbivens

Reaction score
Other Pro Experience: Originally signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted rookie free agent on April 21, 1998…spent entire 1998 and 1999 seasons on the practice roster of the Seahawks…signed as a free agent and attended training camp with the Dallas Cowboys in 2000.

Was drafted in the xfl in the 23rd round by the Orlando Rage.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
gillbivens;1350746 said:
Other Pro Experience: Originally signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted rookie free agent on April 21, 1998…spent entire 1998 and 1999 seasons on the practice roster of the Seahawks…signed as a free agent and attended training camp with the Dallas Cowboys in 2000.

Was drafted in the xfl in the 23rd round by the Orlando Rage.

Thanks. Yeah I read about him, I was just wondering if anyone actually remembers him.

gillbivens

Reaction score
Don't rememer him at all.
I have to agree its a good movie
Class act with the flowers to his mom.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
gillbivens;1350752 said:
Don't rememer him at all.
I have to agree its a good movie
Class act with the flowers to his mom.

That part happened in real life too.

And I have to say The Rock's acting was very good too. Probably helped that he was in his element (football, troubled youth as he was).

IMO when you can forget who the actor is and just think of him/her as the character, then they're doing a good acting job. And I wasn't thinking of him as "The Rock", I thought of him as the Character Sean Porter.