Gronk

funkytown

Reaction score
Ok so we are willing to give up #50 for Earl Thomas. Would you be wiling to give up #50 for Gronk?

There have been rumors of them wanting to move on from him for the past year.

LittleD

Reaction score
Ok so we are willing to give up #50 for Earl Thomas. Would you be wiling to give up #50 for Gronk?

No... Gronk is almost ready for medicare. He is too fragile these days.

Xelda

Reaction score
I've heard those rumors. Gronk would be a lesser Witten for us. Lesser in that he's not a career Cowboy. Lesser in that he's missed games. Same as many would gripe about when are we going to replace him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Gronk would be a downgrade from Witt. We need to find an upgrade.

Jake0

Reaction score
Player can't help you if he ain't ever on the field.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gronk would be a HUGE upgrade here, I don't care how we get it, I just want talent.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No. Plenty of TEs who can catch the ball in this draft. What we need is a complete TE which Gronk is not. Why trade for a guy like Gronk?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
We do have TE’s on the roster just take one in the draft that follows the board.

funkytown

Reaction score
No. Plenty of TEs who can catch the ball in this draft. What we need is a complete TE which Gronk is not. Why trade for a guy like Gronk?

Let me start out by saying again that I would not pull the trigger. But it creates an interesting discussion. So for the why, here would be the reason:

Witten retired. No real starting option on the roster.

Gronk is a turd, an injury prone one at that. But he put up 69 catches, 1000 yards and 8tds last year. Soon to be 29 years old. Yet we are so quick to give away a pick for a 29 year old safety.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Let me start out by saying again that I would not pull the trigger. But it creates an interesting discussion. So for the why, here would be the reason:

Witten retired. No real starting option on the roster.

Gronk is a turd, an injury prone one at that. But he put up 69 catches, 1000 yards and 8tds last year. Soon to be 29 years old. Yet we are so quick to give away a pick for a 29 year old safety.

I don't think we should give away the pick for either one. I think what you'll see now, and BTW, I'm not against this at all, is more focus on throwing to the backs. That's actually a part of our offense that we don't use nearly enough.

Thats just my opinion.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I like Witten, he's a good player but Gronk > Witten. It's not even close.
I'll respectfully disagree. Even at this stage in their careers, Witten is a beast in terms of reliability. An iron Man of sorts. Gronk is a walking M*A*S*H* unit.

Pape

Reaction score
I'll respectfully disagree. Even at this stage in their careers, Witten is a beast in terms of reliability. An iron Man of sorts. Gronk is a walking M*A*S*H* unit.

That's cool, it's opinion only. To each their own. Witten was durable, no doubt about it. For me I will take gronks part time production.