Gronkowski to TB

Verdammung

Reaction score
"Why only a 4th? Why can't the Cowboys make this trade?" .

$10 million dollar cap hit, only 1 year on his contract, and if you don't let him play with Tom Brady he'll just stay retired and you'll have wasted a draft pick.

It's a trade market of only 1 team. They should be glad they got any compensation instead of having to outright cut him.

lkelly

Reaction score
Well mind you this move was made for the Patriots. Gronk doesn't want to be in New England.
My point was that it was like selling vaporware. Gronk had zero value to the Pats. His expected stats were 0 catches for 0 yards. He was a wrestling novelty.

Somehow that nets them a 4th round pick with the only real cost a 7th. That's a nice move. And it's not like he retired a month ago like Frederick, either.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
IMO I think Arians is a pretty good coach. With his new toys + upcoming draft, they are definitely going to look great on paper and could be a real good team. Will be fun to watch and see how it unfolds. There will be a ton of eyes on Tampa this year, which is good, keep Dallas out of the spotlight.

With all that said, the Dallas FO should absolutely be on the phone with Tampa for one of their other TEs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My point was that it was like selling vaporware. Gronk had zero value to the Pats. His expected stats were 0 catches for 0 yards. He was a wrestling novelty.

Somehow that nets them a 4th round pick with the only real cost a 7th. That's a nice move. And it's not like he retired a month ago like Frederick, either.
Makes sense though. He's regarded as the best tight end in the game. Its like Calvin Johnson retiring and coming back a year later. 4th is minor compensation.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'd personally rather have him than a 4th rounder.....Its not like he's Witten and retired. He was actually in the prime of his career.

So would I, but the dude was done with football and on all these network shows etc. We never can make deals. We just release our players......

Aven8

Reaction score
Makes sense though. He's regarded as the best tight end in the game. Its like Calvin Johnson retiring and coming back a year later. 4th is minor compensation.

Travis Kelce and George Kittle say nope. But still really good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Should’ve signed Brady when we had the chance..

But.. Dak.. and his contract..

fansince68

Reaction score
I find it amazing how some teams can keep a secret and shock the world with player moves etc. The Cowboys prefer to hold press conferences to announce the painting and maintenance schedule for Jerry's yacht.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So would I, but the dude was done with football and on all these network shows etc. We never can make deals. We just release our players......
I mean have we ever had a guy in the prime of his career on a decent contract who retired and was regarded the best player his position?

Travis Kelce and George Kittle say nope. But still really good.
They are regarded as the best NOW. Two years ago it was Gronk. When he retired he was considered the best when he retired. Now I don't know what he has.

Aven8

Reaction score
I mean have we ever had a guy in the prime of his career on a decent contract who retired and was regarded the best player his position?

They are regarded as the best NOW. Two years ago it was Gronk. When he retired he was considered the best when he retired. Now I don't know what he has.

Well at least he’s probably finally healed. Looked skinny as hell on the shows however

Big_D

Reaction score
Holy Cow
Evans, Godwin, and Gronk
Plus, you just know they're going to get one of those top RBs in the 2nd round.

He's had some good WRs but this Bucs tandem along with Gronk. He hasn't had that. It was probably the one position throughout his tenure in NE that always seemed to be a need for the Pats. The good ones came and went quickly.

ksg811

Reaction score
Yeah he looks smaller than what I remember. Not sure if he just looks like that without pads or what.

No he's actually smaller. I'm from MA so I've seen him out a few times over the years at events, clubs, etc and he's lost a good chunk of mass from his playing days. Can't see him handling much inline work anymore. He's likely purely a 3rd down and redzone move TE.