Grossman hurt?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
There's a pic of him at Yahoo writhing on the ground in pain.

czmtzc

Reaction score
Grossman hurts left ankle, is carried off field
Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- Chicago Bears quarterback Rex Grossman injured his left ankle early in the second quarter of Friday night's preseason game against the St. Louis Rams and was carted off the field.

Grossman, who played in only three games last season before being sidelined by a right knee injury, was hurt with 11:08 to go in the half as he threw a pass. After being flushed out of the pocket and being spun around by Trev Faulk, he got back to his feet. While limping, Grossman signaled for a trainer.

He then sat down and grabbed his left knee. He slammed his helmet on the cart before he left the game.

The Bears used four quarterbacks last year and have used at least three in six of seven seasons.

Grossman was 6-for-11 for 52 yards before leaving the scoreless game. He was replaced by Chad Hutchinson.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
bbgun said:
There's a pic of him at Yahoo writhing on the ground in pain.

And now Hutch is the man.

Grossman out 3-4 months with a fractured left ankle.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
>>>Bears | Grossman Out Three-plus Months?
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:48:06 -0700

KFFL has learned Chicago Bears QB Rex Grossman (ankle) suffered a broken left ankle per preliminary examinations. While the team has yet to officially confirm the injury, it is believed Grossman could be out possibly three months or longer. <<<

this is why I hate preseason...sux for them

David

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Go get em Hutch.

What are the Bears options, what free agents are available.

Personally I'm rooting for Hutch

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Oh man. Now we have to hope Hutch beats the Skins in WK 1. Is Grossman brittle or what?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
What are the Bears options, what free agents are available.

nobody really unless you count Q-Pot, and he's prob off in rehab somewhere

David

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
It happens almost every year that a big name starter goes down with an injury at some point in the preason.

Here's hoping that we dodge our share of bullets.

Eddie

Reaction score
Good luck to Hutch. I caught him in the Miami preseason game last week. He played well. He had some nice zip on the ball and didn't fall into his old habit of holding onto the ball too long.

I think he'll be a good NFL QB one day ... he has the skills, just needs to hone them.

Here's his chance. Good luck to him.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
It happens almost every year that a big name starter goes down with an injury at some point in the preason.

Here's hoping that we dodge our share of bullets.

I sure hope for that also.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Good luck to Hutch. I caught him in the Miami preseason game last week. He played well. He had some nice zip on the ball and didn't fall into his old habit of holding onto the ball too long.

I think he'll be a good NFL QB one day ... he has the skills, just needs to hone them.

Here's his chance. Good luck to him.

Yeah I saw him in the Miami game too, he looked good and avoided the rush alot better than he used to, and he holds the ball closer to his chest to avoid fumbles. So IMO he has greatly improved since he left Dallas.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jumanji said:
good luck to hutch, but orton looked pretty damn good last week
Hutch better not take anything for granted. You are right about Orton. But I will stiff be rooting for Hutch.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
looks like washington will start of 1-0.:mad:

but i have faith in the bears defense to shut down that wack offense washington has.