Growing Pains

Sandman

Reaction score
The cowboys season will be defined in weeks 8-16. If they can just hold on and give the young defense time to gel this could be a special year. Cowboys must at least go 2-1 over the next 3 games to give themselvesa shot at the play-offs..JJ will be fine, quick running backs never look quick in the first half of theseason, it's the season half when the defenses are beat up that the quickness will prevail..Keep the faith..

BTW: No matter the record, how awesome is it that for four weeks in a row we ALL have been on the edge of our seats rooting for the cowboys..Bif improvement over last year...

roughneck266

Reaction score
Very well said. Just gonna take time. too many rookies in very key spots. Just got some more learning to do.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Sandman said:
The cowboys season will be defined in weeks 8-16. If they can just hold on and give the young defense time to gel this could be a special year. Cowboys must at least go 2-1 over the next 3 games to give themselvesa shot at the play-offs..JJ will be fine, quick running backs never look quick in the first half of theseason, it's the season half when the defenses are beat up that the quickness will prevail..Keep the faith..

BTW: No matter the record, how awesome is it that for four weeks in a row we ALL have been on the edge of our seats rooting for the cowboys..Bif improvement over last year...
:hammer:

JPM

Reaction score
Sandman said:

Well said.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Sandman said:

Outstanding post..............

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

Give me a couple of blow outs in our favor and that will make me even happier.....Being on the edge of our seats these past 4 weeks only means that there is a 50-50 chance of winning, thus our 2-2 record.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Hmmm....no, its not exciting. Nothin exciting about yesterday. That was a pathetic effort out there. We lost to the 0-3 raiders? We did not look like we belonged in the NFL. Which is sad, cause we are better then we played yesterday.

I am sure we will get better, but I am not so sure it will be soon. I dont see any logic in our play calling. We played to the other teams strenght yesterday on offense, running into thier front 7 all day. When they were susecptable to the outside. Our passing game was like in New Orleans, to bad the game was in oakland!

I am not seeing anything from the coaches, and raw talent wont take you far in this league without a good gameplan to coordinate all the efforts put forth. We need an up the middle pass rush. We need a receiver we can count on in the clutch. We need receivers that will run 5 yard patterns on 3 and 4. JJs not hitting the holes, instead follows blockers right to the defender and gets stacked up.

I dont know. I am frustrated to all heck. I see so much potential, but what do you call that gameplanning. Talent is great but if your not gunna maximize your potential by matching our strength to their weakness, whats the point in gathering talent, your making it mediocre by making our players play from weakness to their strenght. Paul Palmer could have been just as good at RB today. Steve Walsh coulda been our QB and we would have still lost. hell Joe walsh coulda played and looked as good as Bledsoe.

Our coaching is trying to not lose games, which sucks cause we really need to be playing to win games. If your not gunna trust your players to play, why even have em. unwrap the offense, Blitz the crap out of em on Defense, its not like the secondary is doing anything anyways, might as well have em blitz and maybe get a sack or two. The D line in this 3-4 is anemic and generates nothing but hot air at this point.

If this is laying the ground work for the future, I am not sure I like the way the house is being built. Timid coaching results in a timid team. Trust is paramount in a coach to his players, but we have a bunch of pple that are so afraid to make a mistake, they take 0 (zero) chances for fear of being cut.

If I were Parcells, I could not look this cowboy nation in the eye and tell you guys we left it all on the field, Cause we did not even bring it to oakland.

I will watch the rest of this year and try to see us growing up, but I can tell you now, we seriously misjudged the reading of the tea leaves on this one. We may be lucky to get to 8-8. With this team, thats not bad, we will grow in years and get better, but then I have to ask myself, what the heck was the last 2 years for. man, talk about pissing in to the wind. We just totally took two years (and really 5 years before that) and did nothing but spin our wheels. Now we have to learn to crawl to walk to run. We are just now learning how to crawl guys, this is gunna be a long year. I think this has me the most upset. I hate rebuilding and want to get it started as soon as possible so we can get good sooner rather then later, but we just gave two years to the salvation army and said, we will start over this year. ARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!