GROZ? Is it Zimm's fault?

Bizwah

Reaction score
I've read a lot of lamentations of Mike Zimmer. Many blame him for our lack of aggressiveness (ie, no blitzing) on defense.

But is it his lack of imagination, or is he being guided in his playcalling?

In other words, is it Parcells that doesn't want to blitz?

I tend to think it's Parcells.

I know he's said before that he doesn't like to blitz. So, maybe some people are directing their anger at the wrong guy.

Another problem I have.....It seems every year we take a position into the offseason that needs overhauled. For some reason, we let that position hamstring us all season long.

I can remember when it was WR....then it became CB, DL, RB, FS, and now the OL has the potential to kill us (of course QB).

I'm not a Parcells hater....I just think there are times when he overrates our talent. I wonder if we'll be able to solve our woes at the end of this offseason.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think its a combination of both, as our defense always ranked at the bottom of the league in sacks and turnovers before Parcells got here too, and Zimmer had been the coordinator the previous 3 seasons

some of the most embarrassing defensive performances in franchise history have been under this guy

David

fortdick

Reaction score
I am not a Parcells hater either, but if he doesn't get the Boys deep into the playoffs this year, we gotta look elsewhere next year.

If we lose tonite, which I have to admit should not happen, we will all want Parcells dancing from a rope.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
fortdick said:
If we lose tonite, which I have to admit should not happen, we will all want Parcells dancing from a rope.

and deservedly so...just no legitimate reason to lose at home tonight vs this Commander team...none

David