Video: Gruden’s QB Camp with Kellen Moore

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The QB guru who has develops trash QBs
Entertaining at times tho

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? He has a legendary legacy of overachieving with his qbs. He got Rich Gannon an MVP for crying out loud. Brad Johnson turned into a super bowl QB. Ty Detmer a playoff QB. Carr’s numbers jumped already from 2017.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak can't read well. Moore better simplifies it for the slow reader. Crap that was what Scott was doing.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I would take Gruden's evaluations with a grain of salt, here's what he said about Nathan Peterman before the draft

Before the draft, Gruden wrote extensively on why he thought Peterman was the most pro-ready quarterback in the 2017 class.

"Peterman is ready to walk in and be a contributor from day one," Gruden wrote on ESPN.com in April. "He just looks like a pro quarterback -- coming out of the huddle, running an offense with different formations, shifting, motioning, different patterns that other colleges don't run. Peterman will recognize route combinations and associate formations." "He is sharp. He is in the channel, I think, of success. I think he's going to be a real good pro quarterback,"

Yes he picked Peterman as the most pro-ready above Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes. :facepalm:

So if it would have been a 4 horse race, not only did his horse come in last, it had to be shot and put down.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You scared me when you said deep dive. I thought it was going to be a video of Kellen underneath Linehan's desk

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One of the more interesting points Moore made about his time in Boise, is that they had plays designed that they never used because the opportunity wasn't there.

cern

Reaction score
chucky had a reality tv show . so did honey boo boo. chucky is far more entertaining.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think you can see that Gruden was impressed with his knowledge but knew he didn't have the arm talent to be successful at the pro level.

What I love is how he comes from an offensive system that used a lot of the same plays out of a ton of different formations and they used a lot of motion to try to confuse defenses and dictate favorable match ups.

Those 2 things alone are a huge upgrade over Linehan and his out of date offense. Prime example, take Dez off the field for Noah Brown equaled run 85% of the time. He tipped off defenses over and over again, year after year.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if jg will allow him to implement creative plays. I know jj said he wanted it and come talk to him if it's not getting done but I'll have to see it to believe it.

lockster

Reaction score
The way burden talks down to players with that attitude of his, it amazes me they don't walk off the field after a free days and rebel.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The way burden talks down to players with that attitude of his, it amazes me they don't walk off the field after a free days and rebel.

It amazes me how much has changed since I was young. Coaches talking down to players, not going to say that every coach I ever had did that but I will say that a lot of them did. You didn't like it but you didn't walk off the field when it happened either.

Different world I guess...

lockster

Reaction score
You can coach hard without disrespecting a person. Same as being a good parent, don't have to be disrespectful to be stern or serious. Ppl. Immitate bad behavior, coaches like knight and gruden. Are just disrespectful to society in general. If knight would have gotten in my face or shook me like he did his players at times, he would find himself laying on the ground waking up. No good reason to be that way.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would take Gruden's evaluations with a grain of salt, here's what he said about Nathan Peterman before the draft

Before the draft, Gruden wrote extensively on why he thought Peterman was the most pro-ready quarterback in the 2017 class.

"Peterman is ready to walk in and be a contributor from day one," Gruden wrote on ESPN.com in April. "He just looks like a pro quarterback -- coming out of the huddle, running an offense with different formations, shifting, motioning, different patterns that other colleges don't run. Peterman will recognize route combinations and associate formations." "He is sharp. He is in the channel, I think, of success. I think he's going to be a real good pro quarterback,"

Yes he picked Peterman as the most pro-ready above Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes. :facepalm:

So if it would have been a 4 horse race, not only did his horse come in last, it had to be shot and put down.

Peterman is on the Raiders roster now. I guess Gruden still believes what he said...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Peterman is on the Raiders roster now. I guess Gruden still believes what he said...
I think he's just insurance in case he plans on tanking this next season.

A QB that went up to the line and spike every pass has a QB rating of 39.6, he needed to find one that could at least be as bad if not worse to help insure that top selection. Peterman's lifetime QB rating is 32.5, that's the guy you want leading your team when you want to tank.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anytime a QB with the noodle arm owned by Moore is so successful in college, he's bound to have something special working for him. It Kellen's case, it would seem it had much to do with his intelligence and his knowledge of the game. I'm quite hopeful that this same thing should stand him in good stead with the Cowboys offense as their OC. Of course, I'm being influenced by the opinions of some NFL insiders who should be able to deliver informed info. One was an unnamed active NFL GM who was familiar with KM's career at Boise State. We'll see.

Last edited: