Guilty of being homers

Pacowboy1968

Reaction score
Why do WE, yes WE so people don't complain I'm picking on anyone! We tend to overreact when a player from our favorite college team is available to pick up in the NFL? Lets look at how some of our favorite teams have finished in the polls recently and ask ourselves do we really think they were great in college OR was it the level of competition. For Example!

Final Rankings 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015

Texas Unranked #19 #25 #9 Unranked Unranked unranked
Oklahoma #10 #6 #7 #4 #3 #5 #5
Texas A&M Unranked #4 Un #16 Un Un Un
Penn State Unranked Un #9 #17 #8 #7 Un

Certainly some players from these years and schools have made it to the NFL and could help the Cowboys but it seems as if we overvalue players from our favorite college teams and more often than not they are released for a reason or don't end up in the NFL at all yet we clamor for the Cowboys to sign them.

Hardline

Reaction score
Looks like something that clown Cowboy Roy would post.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Why do WE, yes WE so people don't complain I'm picking on anyone! We tend to overreact when a player from our favorite college team is available to pick up in the NFL? Lets look at how some of our favorite teams have finished in the polls recently and ask ourselves do we really think they were great in college OR was it the level of competition. For Example!

Certainly some players from these years and schools have made it to the NFL and could help the Cowboys but it seems as if we overvalue players from our favorite college teams and more often than not they are released for a reason or don't end up in the NFL at all yet we clamor for the Cowboys to sign them.
Believe you are referencing internal bias here.

Meaning my college team is Texas Tech and thus I root for Vasher and (in recent past)Garibay.
Generally collegiate athletes that have NFL capability of any sort looked REALLY good on that level.
So we are biased towards them because they brought us joy but also because we simplify how big a jump it is to the pros.

All that said I was biased correctly in favor Mahomes.
And that was more about having actually watched him so closely for so long.
I knew his back story and development.
I knew his coaching staff and that staff's history under Belichick/Brady.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

We? I don't like any of those teams.