Gurode

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
It seems he has all the physical tools to be highly successful but gets in trouble when he loses focus.

Last night it seemed he lost his mental discipline more than a few times for the first time in quite a while.

Maybe it was just the first road game and he was a little amped up, I don't know. We've all heard how he elevated his game after Tucker was gone (that in and of itself shows the lack of strong discipline), so now I'm wondering if there's a new "Tucker" on the team. It's not like the sky is falling but it is something that could effect the season but after him, the center cupboards pretty bare.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1606422 said:
It seems he has all the physical tools to be highly successful but gets in trouble when he loses focus.

Last night it seemed he lost his mental discipline more than a few times for the first time in quite a while.

Maybe it was just the first road game and he was a little amped up, I don't know. We've all heard how he elevated his game after Tucker was gone (that in and of itself shows the lack of strong discipline), so now I'm wondering if there's a new "Tucker" on the team. It's not like the sky is falling but it is something that could effect the season but after him, the center cupboards pretty bare.
He's only played a few quarters his preseason. The last real game -- in Seattle -- was one of his worst as a starter. He's an average center. If he could stay focused 100% he'd be great, but he just has some terrible mental lapses.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1606422 said:

Yeah I do sort of agree with this. I'm not seeing what I saw out of him from last year, and I hope that it's just one of those games.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
I think he is very overrated. I don't know why people put him in their top ten. I guess people either don't know about this team or they are just trying to follow the popular sentiment.

I think al jonhson is a better center but he is so damn weak. I have a feeling he will work out in arizona.

If gurode can stay focused and do what a center is supposed to do leading the rest of the lineman and playing smart, then he can be better. But that is asking alot.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Not worried. Last night he had a LOT of company as regards not playing well.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1606426 said:
He's only played a few quarters his preseason. The last real game -- in Seattle -- was one of his worst as a starter. He's an average center. If he could stay focused 100% he'd be great, but he just has some terrible mental lapses.

I'm not too worried-it was our entire line the last few years that played miserably. Even if one guy on it is GREAT, and the others suck, it won't mean a thing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TunaFan33;1606457 said:
I'm not too worried-it was our entire line the last few years that played miserably. Even if one guy on it is GREAT, and the others suck, it won't mean a thing.
I'm not worried about it either. The guy can be a decent center. With Romo's mobility, it's not really a problem most of the time. But it is something that limits our potential.

Tristan

Reaction score
theogt;1606426 said:

Great!

I guess I can add Mangold to thist of players I can obsess over us passing up for Carpenter.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Tristan;1606462 said:
Great!

I guess I can add Mangold to thist of players I can obsess over us passing up for Carpenter.

Heck-Mangold's sister could be a nice upgrade a few years from now.:bang2: