Guys, I may have found our future Fullback, and a low round draft choice at that,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Lumbala In Texas vs The Nation Game

By PAT HAUGE
Senior Editor, GoVandals.net
Posted Feb 1, 2008

University of Idaho senior tightend/fullback ROLLY LUMBALA (6-2, 251) was named to the 2008 Texas vs The Nation All-Star Game, and kickoff is scheduled for 3pm MST THIS SATURDAY at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas. The game will be carried LIVE on CSTV, and pits top collegiate players originally from Texas or who play college football in Texas against top players from around the nation.

University of Idaho senior Rolly Lumbala was selected at the end of the season to play in the second annual Texas vs The Nation All-Star Bowl in El Paso, Texas. The game kicks off this Saturday (February 2nd) at 3pm MST and will be televised live on CSTV.

Rolly Lumbala in 2006.
Rolly has been a key component of the Vandal offense from the day he stepped on the Moscow campus as a true freshman in 2004. That year he became Idaho's second leading rusher, splitting carries with fellow true freshman Jayson Bird in the Vandal backield. That season he gained 614 yards in 12 games, scored 6 touchdowns, and averaged 4.4 yards per carry. As a fullback his sophomore season, he gained 689 all-purpose yards.

A bruising runner, exceptional blocker, and a hard worker with excellent size (6-2, 251) and good hands out of the backfield, Rolly moved up to tightend/H-back as a junior in 2006. That year he recorded 21 carries for 95 yards and caught one pass for nine yards. This season he split starting duties with junior Eddie Williams and played in all 12 games, catching 8 passes for 67 yards.

His strength has always been as a mobile blocker with power in short yardage situation.

Rolly, who was born in Africa and raised in Alberta, Canada, joined the Vandals in Nick Holt's first recruiting class at Idaho. In this, his senior season at Idaho, Rolly was ranked the No. 26 Fullback in America by Phil Steele in the preseason. He is considered one of Idaho's Top 3 NFL draf prospects, and could find himself playing at the next level, either in the NFL or CFL.

Rolly Lumbala as a TRUE Freshman in 2004.

LINK: Texas vs. The Nation BOWL FACTS:

Name: Texas Vs. The Nation®

Division I-A Collegiate Senior All-Star Bowl Scheduled to be played February 2, 2008 at the Sun Bowl facilities in El Paso, Texas. Kick-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. MST.

Will pit top collegiate players originally from Texas or who play college football in Texas against top players from around the nation. Will feature related events throughout the week including a "Legends of the Game" golf tournament and dinner headlined by Dallas Cowboy Hall of Famer Randy White and special player events.

The Coaching staff for the national team will be Headed up by former Philadelphia Eagles Coach Buddy Ryan and a full NFL coaching staff The game will be nationally televised on CSTV.

Texas has always claimed to be the best at football, here's their chance to prove it.

Hong2221

Reaction score
we already have 2 very good young talented fb's... i'd like to keep it that way... i rather spend my draft picks on other positions...