Guys that have impressed

dmoore

Reaction score
I figure instead of making a new thread every time a guy looks impressive, having a thread everyone can use to post their finds would be a solid tool. Also could give others tips on guys to keep an eye on.

SR Otis Wiley, S Michigan State: SS who played FS until this season. He really stood out against Cal. Just a good athlete and a solid ball hawk. He's got two INTs and one TD already. I was actually really surprised when I looked up his stats. Really solid career numbers. He might be a real gem for some team next April. 6-2, 210 lbs and just looks like a big time football player. Got a lot of experience. Returns punts also.

SR Jevon Ringer, RB Michigan State: His numbers so far are stupid, but against less than stellar defenses. I'm more impressed simply by his workload. He's getting a ton of carries, and that was the one thing I wanted to see from him. I think he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and could make some big plays for whoever takes him.

JR Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland: Very impressive physically. Looks like he has all the skills needed to succeed on Sundays. I haven't seen him much, but he left an impression. 6-3, 206 lbs. Might be a nice addition to our WR corps., but I'm going to have to see more of this guy.

I guess you could say I'm a Michigan State fan, though I have no real loyalties. Just thought most of you Cowboys fans might not have seen much of those guys. I'll post more as I see them this year. I watch every big program at least once a season, and most top 30-40 teams multiple times. Haven't caught much big 12 or pac 10 games yet. Figured if any of you guys have seen anything, you could give me a heads up on who to keep an eye on.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Wiley is making some plays against ND. He looks pretty sharp out there. Just stole a ball from a ND receiver in the endzone for a INT.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
WR Jeremy Maclin

The entire OU Oline

RB Knowshon Moreno

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
this DT Marks or something from Auburn, he's a Junior, but if he comes out, I wouldn't mind spending a 1st on him: big, fast, and smart

he would make a great 3-4DE for us, and that's the school and D where we got Jay Ratliff from, so I think we should look there again

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Donald Brown RB Uconn
James Casey TE Rice
Jarrett Dillard WR Rice ( huge game against Texas)
Shun White RB Navy

peck-sicilyisland

Reaction score
Jeffery Jack db Grambling State,A Nick Saban signee who left LSU after Saban left.great player fast, can cover, and tackle.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CLemson DE RIcky Sapp

has 3 tackles for loss today

that Renauld-Dey kid from Maryland is fast, so is Clemson S MIchael Hamlin

this Indiana RB, Marcus Thigpen, is coming up huge today, he almost has 100 yards receiving, in addition to the 100+ yards rushing, and 3 TDs that he already has

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Javon Ringer is a good call. He's tiny, but pushes through tackles like he's 6'0" and 230lbs. No one seems to be able to get a good hold of him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
One of the WR that I was high on Dante Love injured his back and had a spinal injury and they said he may never play football again =/

dmoore

Reaction score
tomson75;2288831 said:
Javon Ringer is a good call. He's tiny, but pushes through tackles like he's 6'0" and 230lbs. No one seems to be able to get a good hold of him.

I liked him since he was a freshman, but he looks like a complete different player this year. The new system they're running at MSU really shows off just how good this guy is. They just line-up and give him the ball 25+ times a game and he wears defenses out.

Thigpen, that RB from IU looked good as well. He's got track speed.

I'd like to see what scouts think of WR Derrick Williams, PSU, after this season. He was the best recruit of that class when he came out, and he's just a freak athlete. I think he'll test really well, and he should have a really productive year on a very good Penn State team.

dmoore

Reaction score
I think everyone should keep on eye on Western Michigan's QB Tim Hiller. He's just a junior, but he's put up some very impressive numbers.
Passer Rating: 153.25
Yards: 2,517
Touchdowns: 25
Completions/Attempts: 231 for 336
Interceptions:5

It's his 4th year in the program, as he missed his sophomore year with a medical redshirt. He was, however, an honorable mention freshman all-american, and has been productive since arriving on campus. He won't come out early, just figured I'd let you guys know so you can get a look at the kid. He's got a real nice arm, and makes good decisions. He could really break out next year. Might be one of the next great MAC QBs. Also, bare in mind that I graduated from WMU, so my opinion might not be completely objective :).