Guys, we build this team through the draft now

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Your lucky to get a starter or two out of a draft...it cant be the ONLY way to get talent..

Unless you plan on never winning a meaningful game...

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I thought that B Jones was gonna amount to something but I have serious doubts about that now. This has to be a make or break year for him.

That one caused us all to take a long hard look in the mirror and re-evaluate just how much we value the broad jump.

kevm3

Reaction score
This team is the development league for the rest of the league. Our FO literally thinks we can win a championship with nothing but rookies and guys on their first contract. Can't wait to develop more defensive talent and let them walk when they show what they can do.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
This team is the development league for the rest of the league. Our FO literally thinks we can win a championship with nothing but rookies and guys on their first contract. Can't wait to develop more defensive talent and let them walk when they show what they can do.

They really believe that too

DHCBF66

Reaction score

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2015 Dallas Cowboys Draft
Round Selection Player Position College
27 Byron Jones CB Connecticut - 6,16,16
2 60 Randy Gregory DE Nebraska - 0,0,0
3 91 Chaz Green OT Florida - 3,14,4
4 127 Damien Wilson LB Minnesota - 4,16,9
5 163 Ryan Russell DE Purdue - 3,14,6
7 236 Mark Nzeocha LB Wyoming - 1,10,0
7 243 Laurence Gibson OT Virginia Tech - 0,0,0
7 246 Geoff Swaim TE Texas - 0,15,2

I've added AV,Games, Games Started

It's really not that bad. We had little draft value ammo. We took a risk on the Stoner which didn't pan out. (Yet.)

All the real round picks played most of the season and got starts. The top pick was a 16 game starter. Swaim easily could have taken Hanna's snaps, and likely will take many this year. Everybody is still a player in the league. Even Gibson signed with the Giants this year.

The main problem was management after the draft. We were wrong about Byron as a safety, and forced Green to be a G. We let Russell go, and looks like he's having a good career. Swaim could have easily taken Hanna's snaps, but we kept Hanna instead.

For Byron, it's fair to pin that on the draft. He was much like Gregory - we tried to hit a home run, and instead just got a 3 year starter. That's not horrible. Not great, not horrible. We're not talking Bobby Carpenter here.

CapnB

Reaction score
No. It's not as bad as 09. Not by a long shot.

I honestly dont understand what people are thinking when they say stuff like that. I hope a lot of posters are just young uninformed kids. That would at least give me reason for hope and an excuse for thinking the way they do.