Guys, We Don't Need to Win Out

cowboys2233

Reaction score
We just need to win both conference games if Tampa Bay loses tonight.

Figure it out. We could still lose to the Ravens and be in very good shape. Carolina winning tonight would be VERY beneficial.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Carolina will win cause the panthers fan won the arm wrestling match on monday night countdown. every fan who won the arm wrestling match has had his team win on monday night football this season.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474805 said:

Figure it out. We could still lose to the Ravens and be in very good shape. Carolina winning tonight would be VERY beneficial.

Tampa closes out the year w/ home games against lowly San Diego and Oakland. I know it's "Any Given Sunday", and anything can happen, but both of those teams will have mailed it in by then with the holidays going on. At worst, they'll be 11-5.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Rampage;2474810 said:
Carolina will win cause the panthers fan won the arm wrestling match on monday night countdown. every fan who won the arm wrestling match has had his team win on monday night football this season.

Are you serious? :lmao: Not laughing at you but that if that's true.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474819 said:
Tampa closes out the year w/ home games against lowly San Diego and Oakland. I know it's "Any Given Sunday", and anything can happen, but both of those teams will have mailed it in by then with the holidays going on. At worst, they'll be 11-5.

Dangit, you're right -- I thought the Bucs were currently 8-4. Dingdangit.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474836 said:
Dangit, you're right -- I thought the Bucs were currently 8-4. Dingdangit.

Remember they pulled out a miracle against Chicago early in the year. With Griese under center, they were down 10 with 2 minutes to go, then tied it up and beat them in OT.

For some reason, I keep thinking at times too they're 8-4 b/c I keep forgetting they WON this Bears game.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
The goal is not to get into the playoffs.

It's to win the Super Bowl.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Chief;2474859 said:

cart-before-horse-2.jpg

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Given the Panther's remaining schedule, I'm guessing it's better for us if they lose. It's not at all inconceivable that they could finish 10-6 if they lose tonight.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474848 said:
Remember they pulled out a miracle against Chicago early in the year. With Griese under center, they were down 10 with 2 minutes to go, then tied it up and beat them in OT.

For some reason, I keep thinking at times too they're 8-4 b/c I keep forgetting they WON this Bears game.

Yeah, plus the fact that you know, they suck. :lmao2:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Chief;2474859 said:

Bill Polian said that he always tried to build their team to win the division, and not worry about matching up with the rest of the conference.

His point was that if you win your division, you're in the playoffs no matter what. But if you don't, you're at the mercy of others trying to get in on a wild card.

It's impossible to do the latter without doing the former, though I agree with the broader point.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2474878 said:

Yep, I just think some of us have lowered our expectations and goals since September.

My point was: Just reaching the playoffs isn't good enough.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2474891 said:
Bill Polian said that he always tried to build their team to win the division, and not worry about matching up with the rest of the conference.

His point was that if you win your division, you're in the playoffs no matter what. But if you don't, you're at the mercy of others trying to get in on a wild card.

It's impossible to do the latter without doing the former, though I agree with the broader point.

Well, since it's impossible to do former, I'll settle for the latter. Thanks for that Bill, geez is that all? We just had to win the division?

How's that working out this year, Bill? That's worth about as much as saying if you win all your games, you'll be Super Bowl champions. Gee, thanks. :lmao2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Rampage;2474885 said:
after the panthers win we'll see who's laughing.
I said I wasn't laughing at you. I can't believe that every fan who won an arm wrestling match, team has actually won the game. That's funny.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Chief;2474894 said:
Yep, I just think some of us have lowered our expectations and goals since September.

A rash of injuries to key players, such as the starting quarterback, tends to do that in most cases.

My point was: Just reaching the playoffs isn't good enough.

Who said it was? If we win out, then lose our first playoff game again, this season will be a failure again. But if we make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game, I'll consider the season a success -- probably moreso than last season.

robjgrif

Reaction score

There is always an "if"!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

We need to win both conference games and TB has to beat ATL next week. Check the conference records and remaining schedules.

arync

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474819 said:

San Diego still has a shot at wining the division. I think they beat Tampa. Have we forgotten that Tampa lost to the Brad Johnson!!!!!!!!!!