Guys, We Don't Need to Win Out

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
casmith07;2474966 said:
We need to win both conference games and TB has to beat ATL next week. Check the conference records and remaining schedules.

If we lose another game, we'd need the Falcons to lose once, but it wouldn't matter which game they lose.

Boysboy

Reaction score
arync;2475055 said:
San Diego still has a shot at wining the division. I think they beat Tampa. Have we forgotten that Tampa lost to the Brad Johnson!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't the Broncs 3 games up with 3 games to go?

noletime95

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2475103 said:
If we lose another game, we'd need the Falcons to lose once, but it wouldn't matter which game they lose.

I believe we'd also need another Washington loss in that scenario. If that loss is to Philly, our loss can't be to Philly or the Iggles make it. Sound right?

I have not researched the Bears or Saints to see if they are a concern if one wins out.

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Carolina, that's for sure... Great assessment, all Dallas has to do is win their two divsional games.

noletime95

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475235 said:
I'm pulling for Carolina, that's for sure... Great assessment, all Dallas has to do is win their two divsional games.

I disagree with the majority on this board.....I think we're better off w/ a Bucs win. That team isn't going 10-6 with that remaining schedule.

We already know 11-5 gets us in.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think Philly in their stadium is the toughest game left. I really think our defense is playing well enough to beat NY this week, and I feel extremely confident that we'll beat Baltimore handily...they have nothing on offense, and their defense hasn't been very good on the road.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Chief;2474859 said:
The goal is not to get into the playoffs.

It's to win the Super Bowl.
http://i109.***BLOCKED***/albums/n46/Nooch_2006/061017_dennis_green.jpg

You play to win the game

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2475485 said:
http://i109.***BLOCKED***/albums/n46/Nooch_2006/061017_dennis_green.jpg

You play to win the game

http://i330.***BLOCKED***/albums/l406/RealityTVLounge/edwards_herman0108.jpg

Playoffs? Playoffs?

tiny tim

Reaction score
noletime95;2475230 said:
I have not researched the Bears or Saints to see if they are a concern if one wins out.

If the Cowboys beat both the Giants and the Eagles there is no way that the Bears or the Saints can catch us. The reason is the Bears and the Saints are both one game behind us and they have both lost 5 NFC games. So if the Cowboys beat both the Giants and the Eagles the Cowboys have an NFC record of 8-4 and they win the tie-breaker over both the Bears and the Saints. I have not check best record in common games between the Cowboys and the Saints and the Cowboys and the Bears and all those other tie-breakers, so I am not really sure about other tie-breakers with the Saints/Bears if the Cowboys get beat by another NFC team.

noletime95

Reaction score
tiny tim;2475663 said:
If the Cowboys beat both the Giants and the Eagles there is no way that the Bears or the Saints can catch us. The reason is the Bears and the Saints are both one game behind us and they have both lost 5 NFC games. So if the Cowboys beat both the Giants and the Eagles the Cowboys have an NFC record of 8-4 and they win the tie-breaker over both the Bears and the Saints. I have not check best record in common games between the Cowboys and the Saints and the Cowboys and the Bears and all those other tie-breakers, so I am not really sure about other tie-breakers with the Saints/Bears if the Cowboys get beat by another NFC team.

I just researched it....neither the Bears or Saints can catch the Cowboys by estimation, unless Dallas goes 9-7 of course.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2475533 said:
http://i330.***BLOCKED***/albums/l406/RealityTVLounge/edwards_herman0108.jpg

Playoffs? Playoffs?

JimMora.jpg

They are who we thought they were!

/The circle is complete.

SilberBlau

Reaction score
If we lose one division game it's most likely game over. I don't believe in the big Bengals/Browns resurrection next week. So either the Commanders or the Eagles would get us with loss at Linc or next sunday. Losing against the Ravens is ok if the Falcons lose one. That may depend on the suspension thingy with the Williams guys.
I'd say we better win out.