Twitter: Guyton leaves practice with knee soreness

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Asim should have been getting all the first-team LT snaps from the start of camp when Guyton wasn't in there. One of those two are the only real choices at LT other than moving Tyler. I mean, I understand why Richards has been out there at LG, but he may actually be needed at LT.
Richards has been the best left guard next to Tyler in camp. Lots of the media want to give credit to the running game to Beebe but I saw Asim opening them big holes with Guyton. You are right though, Richards is the 6th best offensive lineman and needs to be ready.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is the time of the preseason I despise.....

It's starting...........

Can we not begin the season with 3 starting O-linemen out, half the WR squad banged up, and at least one All Pro DB on crutches? Please?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Richards has been the best left guard next to Tyler in camp. Lots of the media want to give credit to the running game to Beebe but I saw Asim opening them big holes with Guyton. You are right though, Richards is the 6th best offensive lineman and needs to be ready.
I think we can get by, though, with Bass at guard if something were to happen to Tyler, ir even Beebe at guard and Hoffman at center. I'm not sure we have any backups other than Richards who can step in for Guyton. Of course, there's always the nuclear option with Tyler.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'm sure we've all done work at some point that made our arms, back, legs, etc. sore. We may not know exactly how we did it besides overuse but doesn't mean theres any real issue.
does not mean there is NOT a problem either, does it?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think we can get by, though, with Bass at guard if something were to happen to Tyler, ir even Beebe at guard and Hoffman at center. I'm not sure we have any backups other than Richards who can step in for Guyton. Of course, there's always the nuclear option with Tyler.
I only hear people on the board whisper about it but this is deepest our offensive line has been in a long time. Backup tackle is questionable but I think Richards and Welesko seem to be serviceable for a game or two.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I only hear people on the board whisper about it but this is deepest our offensive line has been in a long time. Backup tackle is questionable but I think Richards and Welesko seem to be serviceable for a game or two.
This is why I wasn't too worried about the OL in the draft. I thought that even without Tyron, we had some options. The first for me (before drafting Guyton) was Richards getting first crack at starting LT. Then, if he failed, Tyler Smith would be up with Richards and Bass competing to start at LG. The position I was more worried about was C because all we had was Hoffman.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Asim Richards at some point could be the future RT . Interesting yr for Steele coming up .

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is why I wasn't too worried about the OL in the draft. I thought that even without Tyron, we had some options. The first for me (before drafting Guyton) was Richards getting first crack at starting LT. Then, if he failed, Tyler Smith would be up with Richards and Bass competing to start at LG. The position I was more worried about was C because all we had was Hoffman.
Cleveland, Saints, Ravens, Giants, and Steelers will all be a great test for our offensive lines as all of those teams have strong defensive lines. Looking forward to seeing the battles in the trenches.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Cleveland, Saints, Ravens, Giants, and Steelers will all be a great test for our offensive lines as all of those teams have strong defensive lines. Looking forward to seeing the battles in the trenches.
Right. And with us playing some young players no matter what, there will be some hiccups.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I hope they are doing an MRI,we all know what happened to JJ McCarthy after his knee soreness.