Guyton vs Mims

McMicah

Reaction score
Bumping this. My main knock on Mims was that he looked so slow on tape. Dude just did a 4.33 shuttle, so he must be so huge that it’s some optical illusion or something.

I’m now officially leaning toward Mims as our first pick. With Tyron probably walking in FA, this just became a huge priority. Hopefully an OT needy team ahead picks up Tyron

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't like Guyton's tape, but he reminds me exactly of Tyler Smith at Tulsa, and I hated Smith's tape too. So I will say that he's in good company.

I greatly prefer Mims. Just watching tape, I thought that Mims was a very good mover for his size, but the Combine confirmed him to be a nearly unheard of mover for his size. At this point, Planet Theory alone dictates that he goes early. Guyton just isn't as freakish.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Neither.

Cowboys can get Texas Longhorns O-Tackle, Christian Jones, in the 3rd - 5th rounds.

Christian Jones, OT, Texas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 318.
Combine 40 Time: 5.04.
Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

2/10/24: Jones was a mainstay on the Texas offensive line over the past four seasons. He broke into the starting lineup in 2020 at right tackle. In 2021, he moved to left tackle and had a strong year opening holes for Bijan Robinson. In 2022, Jones went back to right tackle and remained there in 2023. Jones could be a versatile swing tackle to start out his pro career. He had a good week at the Senior Bowl.

Draft Profile & Scouting Report:
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Christian-Jones-OL-Texas

Senior Bowl week:

2023 Senior Year Highlights:

MarkP88

Reaction score
I also wouldn’t let Steele stop me from drafting a stud RT. If we cut him after this season we eat some of the contract but we do save on cap hit.

Cowboys are cowards though and would never do it.
Amen to that.