Guyton vs reigning DPoY

conner01

Reaction score
I guess they can do it if they have a TE out there to help. But normally you don't devote that kind of resources on every play. He will not be starting in week1. I would be shocked if he started week1.
I hope he’s ready but it’s a tall task. One thing about Zeke is he can still block. Have a TE chip on slow developing plays and have Zeke peaking over there when he’s in. I expect a lot of 2 TE sets anyway since Ferg has really developed into a weapon as a reciever and a solid blocker

conner01

Reaction score
No you’re not. As well as Martin, Fred etc.
There’s raw and theirs those taking a stop up in competition. Fred was best center in that that. Martin was an elite prospect at guard. Guyton wasn’t even a top 5 guy at his position
In a perfect world you’d start Guyton a RT but can’t really do that since Steele can’t play LT

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There’s raw and theirs those taking a stop up in competition. Fred was best center in that that. Martin was an elite prospect at guard. Guyton wasn’t even a top 5 guy at his position
In a perfect world you’d start Guyton a RT but can’t really do that since Steele can’t play LT
You left out Tyler Smith. How convenient.

conner01

Reaction score
You left out Tyler Smith. How convenient.
I don’t want smith playing tackle. He has potential to be an elite guard. Plus you are gonna have an inexperienced center so have smith and Martin next to him helps him out.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, every single tackle in the league struggles with Garrett because he’s that good.

So I’m sure Guyton will have his struggles. The key will be, how much more than good starting tackles in the league? Will be one of the keys to the game in week 1 for sure.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t want smith playing tackle. He has potential to be an elite guard. Plus you are gonna have an inexperienced center so have smith and Martin next to him helps him out.
Smith will be play LG and Guyton LT.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
It looks like Guyton is a hard worker , and wants to be great .He is the key to this Oline if he turns out to be a good Left Tackle. Dallas will have a dominate Oline this season.And the RB's we have right now could run for 4 and a half or even 5 yards per carry.Oh how I would love to run all over teams this season.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Garrett's a future Hall of Famer. Most tackles are going to struggle against him... he's one of the best to ever do it.

A healthy Tyron is one of the few guys you could leave on an island against Garrett. Now that he's off the roster and we have a more mortal LT, we have to gameplan the same way that other teams do against Garrett. Lots of quick passes and lots of help.

Cleveland has a very strong defense in general. They are just loaded top to bottom, and I think they'll surprise some Cowboys fans.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the game is four months away need to see who is going to play and how it will be when it gets closer

Chasing6

Reaction score
People acting like going from All Pro Tyron Smith to Guyton is a wash or some kind of upgrade are likely in for a rude awakening.
Not really. Tyron could be out for the year after week 2. I will take Guyton over Edoga all day long.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Garrett's a future Hall of Famer. Most tackles are going to struggle against him... he's one of the best to ever do it.

A healthy Tyron is one of the few guys you could leave on an island against Garrett. Now that he's off the roster and we have a more mortal LT, we have to gameplan the same way that other teams do against Garrett. Lots of quick passes and lots of help.

Cleveland has a very strong defense in general. They are just loaded top to bottom, and I think they'll surprise some Cowboys fans.
I agree , Cleveland will be tough , but Dallas needs to come hungry and ready to play.They need to get that bad taste out of their mouths after the Green Bay game.I think Dallas will find a way to run the football and win a close one against the browns.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I agree , Cleveland will be tough , but Dallas needs to come hungry and ready to play.They need to get that bad taste out of their mouths after the Green Bay game.I think Dallas will find a way to run the football and win a close one against the browns.
Playing against Cleveland’s defense on the road will be very tough.

Wouldn’t be surprise at all if we lose that game.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
It has been a common talking point in the media. Unpolished rookie LT going against Myles Garret.

Guyton has been here since drafted either working with the team or with Manyweather. When Parsons come back, that is who he will be practicing against. While the DPoY runner-up does not present quite the size of Garrett, he does have much more quickness. If Parsons practices full speed then the game should slow down comparatively when Guyton faces Garrett.

I do not think the matchup will be a big deal. Garrett will win some but I think the rook will compete well enough.
I'm sure Garret will show the rook a few moves he can't deal with or set him up for a sack. But learning under fire sharpens his steel or crushes his confidence. Hoping for the former.