Ha Ha! Steve Young just misspoke!

kbman

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1763006 said:
Exactly.

And this Cowboy in particular. The man was the #1 reason why we won 3 Super Bowls in the 90s and have bragging rights over every other fan in the NFL. I don't care if he sounded like a drunk, stuttering Fran Drescher when he talked, the man brought me a lot of happiness and a ton of great memories. I could never trash him. Much less for something to do with speech. Guess what guys, ESPN didn't hire Emmitt because he can quote Shakespeare and because he got an A+ in his 7th grade English class. They hired him because he is a football legend who knows the game and because he is someone that stands for success, class, likability and character. Most of which some of you guys are lacking when you attack a guy because of speech problems.

Very well put. Give him time people.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1763353 said:
Still doesn't change the fact that Emmitt Smith is horrible.

Yeah, but so is Skip Bayless, and you never see people bashing him on this site.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Danny White;1763388 said:
Yeah, but so is Skip Bayless, and you never see people bashing him on this site.

People bash Skip Bayless here all the time. Heck, there was a thread yesterday criticizing the guy for not being on the air...as if he was scared and intimidated by folks on the Internet after he predicted a Cowboys loss.

Emmitt Smith is not the only member of the media that comes off as very inarticulate but some of the comments that comes out of his mouth is just mind boggling at times.

Resize the ship?

It's gonna come down to who has the better golf game...err..I mean running game?

Emmitt Smith is horrible and I think ESPN is doing him a diservice by giving him a high profile job like that so quickly.

Like the Comedian Chris Tucker once said, "Baby steps...baby steps....you gotta crawl before you can walk.".

- Mike G.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1763407 said:
People bash Skip Bayless here all the time. Heck, there was a thread yesterday criticizing the guy for not being on the air...as if he was scared and intimidated by folks on the Internet after he predicted a Cowboys loss.

C'mon... did I really need to put a ;) after that post?

I mean, Skip Bayless?

I think you need to re-tune the ole sarcasm meter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Danny White;1762876 said:
He just said...

"You continue to need to make plays... doesn't matter if you're down 35-5... I mean 35-0."

What an idiot! I'm going to make fun of him and run him down because he meant to say one thing but instead said another on live television!

You try doing it and see if you do better.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DABOYZ;1763128 said:
My 2 cents: I love my Cowboys and Emmitt as a Player. But have any of you met Emmitt? He is one arrogant ******. I laugh when he speaks because his arrogance makes him look stupid. I hope he turns things around and becomes a great mediot. However, I don't beleive Emmitt will ask for help and will continue to struggle. Come back down to earth Emmitt, you were a great running back but your talent as a mediot is less than average. The Dallas Fans fans will often overlook your idiocy, but the rest of the NFL is laughing their ***** off. Get it together and stop embarrasing the yourself.

He was very standoffish when I had a chance to meet him too.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Danny White;1763425 said:
C'mon... did I really need to put a ;) after that post?

I mean, Skip Bayless?

I think you need to re-tune the ole sarcasm meter.

:D

My bad DW :toast2: .

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Danny White;1763437 said:
Read the whole thread and hopefully you'll see I'm not really talking about Steve Young here.

My point is, everyone makes mistakes, so why do so many choose to pick on a Cowboy great when he does it?

Example:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102836

Fair enough.

But there's a difference between making a mistake and being almost unintelligible.

Steve Young is a very polished speaker who occasionally makes a mistake.
Emmit Smith is almost unintelligible and often leaves you scratching your head after you hear him speak.