Had the pleasure of meeting Charles Haley today

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everything you said is 100% accurate. I suppose I was alluding more to his passion for the game. Everyone remembers how he smashed locker room walls with his helmet while the team impatiently waited for Jerry to get off his butt and resign Emmitt. That passion doesn't exist on the current team.
Sure it does. People just call it unprofessional or throwing others under the bus.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was at my place of work today and walked over to me to introduce himself. Like I didn't recognize him..... lol. Very well spoken, super nice man. Unfortunately It was a very brief meeting as he had an entourage with him and was obviously headed to another event of some sort. I suggested he fix the defense and he asked "me"? We spoke quickly about the game last night. Lets just say he wasn't impressed with the game last night, but concluded the conversation with "a win is a win".

I have to say it was the highlight of my day, month, and year. Wish I had more time to get a photo with him but he was in a hurry.

This team will never go anywhere until they can find another Charles Haley. I really miss watching him play.
It's always great meeting those guys..especially when they come across as regular people. I've been fortunate in that regard. I don't care how old you are, its pretty cool.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
By many accounts, Charles Haley was a menace in the locker room. He got away with it because he was also a menace on the field. Jimmy was warned not to trade for him but he did anyway and focused on the menace on the field part. I'm not sure how Switzer handled him. The locker room basically fell apart under Switzer.

As someone said, Haley settled once he started taking medication for bipolar disorder. I think he has been a solid spokesman for mental health but I haven't much followed Haley since his playing days.