Hakeem Butler, Iowa State

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For obvious reasons, I am a big fan of this guy. Saw him play a lot with sub par QBs. Would be an ideal grab in the 3rd round.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good looking prospect. What round is he projected?

Brugler sees him going in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. His speed and route running is in question but has tons of potential. I see him as a "moving the chains" type of receiver.

MaaS

Reaction score
Butler is a beast. I'd be surprised if he makes it to our 3rd round pick. I think we'll have to take him at 59 if we want him.

I think he's more of a Plaxico Burress type than a possession WR.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I think he’s a beast. It would put Cooper in the slot. I would also love to have his teammate Montgomery the RB. He doesn’t get tackled. Would be great for him to help wear defenses down. Probably can be had in the 4th or 5th since he’s smaller

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m a fan, but very anxious to see what he runs.

4.55 or better and he could go early.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If he's available at 58, forget about the TE, he shouldn't make it to 59.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For obvious reasons, I am a big fan of this guy. Saw him play a lot with sub par QBs. Would be an ideal grab in the 3rd round.

Any insight into his intangibles (work ethic, coachability).

He has great balance, especially for a tall player. Balance is a "skill" that is not discussed as much as it should be with regards to players.

Some otherwise great athletes have struggled if the didn't have good/great balance. If anyone remembers AOA, he had terrific measurables but his balance was terrible and it was obvious in drills they did in training camp.

Emmitt Smith might have been the best ever in terms of balance. He was like one of those kid's blow up punch toys that are weighted on the bottom and always pop back up.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He has great balance, especially for a tall player. Balance is a "skill" that is not discussed as much as it should be with regards to players.

Some otherwise great athletes have struggled if the didn't have good/great balance. If anyone remembers AOA, he had terrific measurables but his balance was terrible and it was obvious in drills they did in training camp.

Emmitt Smith might have been the best ever in terms of balance. He was like one of those kid's blow up punch toys that are weighted on the bottom and always pop back up.

I'll be honest...don't know about his intangibles.

cnuball21

Reaction score

“Contact balance” is a fun term youbhear the scouts throw around.

More important for a RB IMO, but applicable to WRs as well.