Halloween Favorite Movies

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Many local TV markets of that era had their own scary-movie 'host' in cheesy over-the-top makeup. In El Paso it was our CBS affiliate station weatherman Hal Eurich (he was also Bozo the Clown for the El Paso market).

Sammy Terry was the one here in Indiana. Forgot who played him. Was around for a long time. His son still plays the character for the occasional TV special and guest appearances at festivals, etc. He was just at a drive-in the other day hosting a scary movie marathon I think.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the Exorcist yesterday for the first time in probably 30 years. It’s not a movie that has “aged” well and not nearly as scary as I had remembered. Still a pretty scary movie though.

I have to watch Halloween every year at this time........it’s ritual. The best Halloween movie ever.

Watched some of the Exorcist this afternoon and I'll tell ya the acting is outstanding in that film.

blindzebra

Reaction score
There are so many sub genres to horror to pick 5.

Psychological:
Halloween
Psycho
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Silence of the Lambs

Statements wrapped in horror:
All the Romero Dead movies
Original Godzilla

Gore:
Saw
Hostel
The Descent

Comedy:
All the Evil Dead movies
Shaun of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Motel Hell
Phantasm
Scream
Dead Alive
The Raven
Young Frankenstein
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Vampire:
Hammer Dracula
Fright Night
30 Days of Night
Shadow of the Vampire

Creatures:
Frankenstein/Bride of
Shape of Water
The Thing

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
  • I love tongue-in-cheek horror movies. Back in the early eighties, 'Evil Dead 2' really opened my eyes to the genre's potential. Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi remain two of my horror heroes to this day. And 'Army of Darkness' just confirmed that potential.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • I love tongue-in-cheek horror movies. Back in the early eighties, 'Evil Dead 2' really opened my eyes to the genre's potential. Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi remain two of my horror heroes to this day. And 'Army of Darkness' just confirmed that potential.
Evil Dead 2 is a CLASSIC!

blindzebra

Reaction score
One I forgot to add was Bubba Hotep. Cowboy mummy, Bruce Campbell as Elvis, and a black JFK with saw dust replacing his missing brains all in an old folks home.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Prophecy

These are on my current watch list :thumbup:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
•Frankenstein...Boris Karlof is a genius.
•Bride of Frankenstein
•Dracula...Bela Lagosi was iconic.
•The Wolfman...Lon Chaney jr
•The Mummy...Boris Karlof
•Body Snatchers...Karlof and Lagosi
•Creature From The Black Lagoon
•The Day The Earth Stood Still...original
•Earth vs The Flying Saucers
•The Thing from another world

•It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
•Ichobad Crane...disney animated classic.
Obviously a classic Universal Horror fan...you’ve probably seen this Universal documentary but if not you’ll really enjoy it. It’s a great briefer for anyone as to horror films origins.
I also like The Old Dark House -‘32

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Drill team drop deads,,,er,,,it's definitely an,,, ahum,,,over 18 superlative piece of finely crafted cinema with plenty of in yer face squeals of&from the horrors of ******,,,er,,,NEVERMIND.