Halloween Mock

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
No first round pick is scary but I did one anyway.

2 Isaiah Johnson CB 6-4/203 Houston
Lamar+v+Houston+--ygve27rdUl.jpg

Kris Richard factor. Johnson is a lanky, physical CB that is tailor-made for Richard's style and scheme. Like Richard Sherman, he's a former WR who made the switch in college. He'll play opposite Chidobe Awuzie, putting the flag magnet Anthony Brown on the bench.

3 Dominick Wood-Anderson TE 6-4/257 Tennessee

Gambling on athleticism (only has 7 catches and 1 TD so far this year), Wood-Anderson was the top Junior College tight end in the country last year. Great size and athleticism, he's a tough match-up for linebackers and safeties. Already a nasty blocker, he will only get better as a receiver.

4a Patrick Vahe G 6-4/320 Texas

COVER1_VAHE_2015-11-06_UTvsKansa_Thalia.Juarez10166.jpg

The Cowboys tap the Longhorn oil well a second year in a row. A powerful people mover, Vahe may struggle with pass blocking initially, but his fierceness and mentality should fit in well with the Cowboys offensive line.

4b Khalil Ladler 5-11/192 S Virginia Tech
JTQ5V-Ba.jpg

Ladler has played corner, nickel, safety, and is excelling at the Rover position this year for the Hokies (He just had a 12-tackle game against the Georgia Tech). He'll play the safety/nickel role in the NFL, similar to Tyrann Mathieu. The last time Kris Richard got to work with a 4th round safety out of Virginia Tech it worked out pretty well (Kam Chancellor).

5 Daylon Mack DT 6-1/320 Texas A&M
gettyimages-489296390_r11450_576x324_16-9.jpg

Former 5-star recruit hasn't lived up to his hype but worth the gamble in the 5th round. Cowboys realized last year with the addition of Antwaun Woods how valuable a 2-down, 1Tech is to the defense.

7 Felton Davis WR 6-4/190 Michigan State
college-football-michigan-state-vs-penn-state---november-4-2017-e53da898e596099f.jpg

Tall and dependable Spartan target only available this late due to missing second half of 2018 season with a torn Achilles.

DanA

Reaction score
Hits all the needs and the players all look pretty decent. I think I’d like a 2nd round TE though if we can get a guy that warrants the pick.

Don’t see corner as a particularly big need with Brown/Lewis competing for 3rd CB behind Jones and Awuzie.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I would like to see a S and TE with the 2nd and 3rd rd picks. Maybe even 2 safety's. Probably need an OT to groom. Could possibly still need a 1 tech although Woods could erase that need if he continues to develop. Probably need a LB as Damien Wilson might be gone.

John813

Reaction score
Would Johnson be a future replacement for Byron Jones?

Seems like Jones has blown up playing on the outside, and tbh rather keep him there.

Or could Awuzie play the slot when they go 3 wide?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Would Johnson be a future replacement for Byron Jones?

Seems like Jones has blown up playing on the outside, and tbh rather keep him there.

Or could Awuzie play the slot when they go 3 wide?
Yeah, I should have said he'll replace Brown as the 3rd CB.

Your third corner is essentially a starter in today's NFL.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If Marrinelli retires this off-season, I would hope more of an emphasis is placed on DT (esp. with the draft being loaded) by new DC.
Look at what Commanders have become with the two Alabama DT's. No-one can run on them. My pet cat from last year (Who is dead to me now) DaRon Payne and Jonathan Allen have turned that front seven into a formidable unit.
Which is exactly what many of us have been harping on for years !
I believe we have one of those pieces in Maliek Collins, and need another big talented DT next to him. Commanders run a 3-4, we run a 4-3. Maliek is/should be our 3 tech. We need a big nasty !

All this to say, I would hope they target a DT earlier than what your mock has ….. : )

RS12

Reaction score
I know corners are like pitchers in baseball you can never have enough, but in a draft that is loaded on the D Line, somebody is bound to fall to that 2nd rounder. Keep hearing Wilkens will fall.