Haloti Ngata What do you guys think?

nathanlt

Reaction score
JokeyH said:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/halotingata.html

I think this guy would be an AWESOME pick in the second. I just dont know if he will be there when we pick. I think as the draft gets closer, you'll see his name start to catch fire. :eek:hboy:

I agree. Ngata will probably be a high first rounder after the combine reps of 225. If Dallas picks him with the #11 pick, I won't be dissappointed. This is all dependent on whether he enters the draft of course.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
JokeyH said:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/halotingata.html

I think this guy would be an AWESOME pick in the second. I just dont know if he will be there when we pick. I think as the draft gets closer, you'll see his name start to catch fire. :eek:hboy:
Dude I see his weakness listed as a reconstructive surgery on his knee... The last time we took a pass on a big bad DT in the draft because of a college injury (although not as major), we instead picked up a QB that couldn't take a snap from center, or throw a spiral.

While that big DT from 2001 is now considered a dominant double team magnet with a brand new shiny NFL contract. The guy I'm talking about is Shawn Rogers who is now in Detroit. Quincy is in New York playing second fiddle now as he should be.

I can only fear the Cowboys would be so stupid as to pass up a big fast disruptive DT for another Dwayne Goodrich or Quincy Carter. I swear I'll puke if that happens.

zagnut

Reaction score
SALADIN said:
I hope he's still there at #20

Me too. Heck, I hope he's still there at #11. Guys that big, that fast, and that powerful with no character issues at the DT position don't usually last too long. I'm still hurting over Vince Wilfork lasting all the way to the pick right before us last year. :(

I'd take Gabe Watson too.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I know Rob Rang has him as his number one prospect regardless of class. I only saw him play once and that was a few weeks ago on ESPN classic. It was from him frosh year against USC and fellow frosh Mike Williams. Ngata is just naturally big. His legs are extremely quick. Watching him a few plays you can give up trying to get him off the line. It is impossible. He is big at over 325 but he doesn't look fat. I think he would probably rise the charts very quick if he entered the draft.

nathanlt

Reaction score
As far as Gabe Watson, he'd be a great pick, but the only thing I find when I do a google search on his name is that he's returning for 2005 with Michigan. If both he and Ngata wait until next year, this will be a tough draft for big DT's.

JokeyH

The Kramer
Reaction score
I only started seeing his name on a few mocks about 3 weeks back. He wasnt even in the second round on most. But in those 3 weeks I have seen him climb up and up. Can you just imagine him next to Glover next year. Even if he didnt know what to do, im sure he'd take two guys just to TRY and move him off the line of scrimage. I would hope even if we took him at #20, that this wouldnt be too much of a reach. Guys like him just dont grow on trees ya know.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I watched him play in HS here. He's unblockable.

If he were to stay another year in school and be productive, I think he'd be top 10, more than likely top 5. He'd be smart to stay as well but I would love to nab him in this draft.

btcutter

Reaction score
Avery said:
I watched him play in HS here. He's unblockable.

If he were to stay another year in school and be productive, I think he'd be top 10, more than likely top 5. He'd be smart to stay as well but I would love to nab him in this draft.

He'll be like D Robertson of KC and shoot up the board into the top 10 come draft time

Nightshade

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Ngota promissed his dad who passed away in a car accident that he would stay in school and get his degree. I really doubt he comes out this year. Although he could get his degree part-time while making a mint in the pros. :)

He is without question the best DT prospect out there right now. With this kids physical characteristics, motor and work ethic, I don't think anyone else really even comes close.

Ngata next to Glover equals #1 Defense.

Bobo

Reaction score
Anyone have his stats for this year? Or career stats?