Haloti Ngata

BigDave95

Reaction score
I never realistically thought we had a shot at Ngata but now I'm starting to wonder. I think the first DT off the board is going to be Bunkley. If Cleveland takes Kamerion Wimbley, there's a chance Ngata makes it to us.

How long do you think it would take us to get the card to the front of the room if he was there at #18?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
If Nagata is there we will take a starter instead of backup NT

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
:lmao2:

Scenes of Minnesota keep running through my mind in two succesive drafts.

I'd have to kill somebody.

BigDave95

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
If Nagata is there we will take a starter instead of backup NT

If Dallas is really interested in taking BPA, there's no question Ngata would be it.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Ngata needs to be checked to see if he is human.. he is unbelievable big and strong and doesnt look fat at all. Hard to be 340 pounds and not have a lot of fat.

as much as I want an OLB for the first pick, you dont pass on this guy if he drops.. but that is a pipe dream, if he makes it to 12.. cleveland snags him.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
He won't make it past Buffalo...imo.

Buffalo needs a quick, penetrating DT for their scheme not a space-eater like Ngata. If the Bills go DT, they'll take Bunkley.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
rexrobinson said:
Ngata needs to be checked to see if he is human.. he is unbelievable big and strong and doesnt look fat at all. Hard to be 340 pounds and not have a lot of fat.

as much as I want an OLB for the first pick, you dont pass on this guy if he drops.. but that is a pipe dream, if he makes it to 12.. cleveland snags him.

He has tree trunks for legs. Absolutely massive and also quick. I've seen him chase down many screen plays from behind.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BigDave95 said:
If Dallas is really interested in taking BPA, there's no question Ngata would be it.

I disagree. I think there is "Question". I think there's a whole lot of "Question".

MiStar

Reaction score
I think that Cleveland takes Wimbley over Ngata. I personally don't see what he's got going for him other than size.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Rack said:
I disagree. I think there is "Question". I think there's a whole lot of "Question".

What are those questions? At 18, Ngata is unbelievable value, and definitely play a lot of football for us as a rookie. I prefer 1st round picks to start, but at 18? Get a top 10 pick. Too much to pass up.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Ngata's done nothing to go downhill right now.

Don't let second-guessing mocks fool you; he's top ten.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
What are those questions? At 18, Ngata is unbelievable value, and definitely play a lot of football for us as a rookie. I prefer 1st round picks to start, but at 18? Get a top 10 pick. Too much to pass up.

I didn't mean to imply that he isn't worth the pick. The guy I quoted said there's no question Ngata would be the BPA if he fell to 18. Me saying "There are questions" was just word play. Ngata could very easily drop to 18 and NOT be the BPA.

I was just being technical. But what if Ngata and Reggie Bush both dropped (I know it ain't gonna happen, like I said I was just being technical).

Plus, we're going by our own opinions. I guarantee our opinions don't match up 100% with the cowboys draft board.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Rack said:
I didn't mean to imply that he isn't worth the pick. The guy I quoted said there's no question Ngata would be the BPA if he fell to 18. Me saying "There are questions" was just word play. Ngata could very easily drop to 18 and NOT be the BPA.

I was just being technical. But what if Ngata and Reggie Bush both dropped (I know it ain't gonna happen, like I said I was just being technical).

Plus, we're going by our own opinions. I guarantee our opinions don't match up 100% with the cowboys draft board.
Fair enough. BTW, I guess I might take Bush if he were there :laugh1:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Arch Stanton said:

:signmast:

That would be something to groom all three linemen in a two year period. Chris Canty, Haloti Ngata and Marcus Spears. Your defensive line for the next ten years. :cool:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
MiStar said:
I think that Cleveland takes Wimbley over Ngata. I personally don't see what he's got going for him other than size.
I agree... Or maybe Lawson. Heck, there are even reports the Browns love AJ Hawk if he makes it that far. But I think Crennell goes for the OLB before the NT.

If Wilfork can fall to the late teens, Ngata can, too.