Haloti Ngata

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would have that Card in Tags hand before he can say, "Dallas is on the Clock". I love certain players, but I also have an open mind about the situation, since I know I'm no GM, and I'm certainly not in the War room with those guys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
I agree... Or maybe Lawson. Heck, there are even reports the Browns love AJ Hawk if he makes it that far. But I think Crennell goes for the OLB before the NT.

If Wilfork can fall to the late teens, Ngata can, too.

They had some problems at NT last year though. Major problems.

And they fixed that problem by signing 37 year old Ted Washington. They have a serious need for an NT. Sitting a year behing Washington would be good for Ngata, and having a good NT to rotate would be good for Washington. I just don't see how they could pass on him.

They're LBs aren't great, but they're ok. Well... 2 of them are solid, and 1 is good (McGinest). I think they take Ngata and an OLB in the second.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
He would become the starter....his has huge talent.

You are spot on! This guy is a beast, I saw him play in the S.A. Army High School All Star game, and yes it was High School All Stars, but it was the best performances out of DL ever in those games........what a stud!

I have been hoping for Manny Lawson, as you Zoners know, however I figured this NT would be long gone.......all Lawson bets are off if this man falls! I want him bad.......noone would run on us then!

ghst187

Reaction score
Everytime a Ngata threat pops up (and its at least 2x weekly) I reiterate my position: I'm concerned about his knees...you're talking about 345 lbs on two knees, one of which has already suffered a catastrophic injury with ligament tears, and the other that was sprained recently.
I couldn't use our first round pick on a guy with such concerns.
Besides, Manny Lawson is one of the top 3 most freakish athletes in this draft.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
MiStar said:
I think that Cleveland takes Wimbley over Ngata. I personally don't see what he's got going for him other than size.

Have you watched the guy play, or did you read some Scouts Inc. garbage? Because I've seen most of his games he's played in college. Believe me, the guy can play. Go watch tape agains Fresno State, Cal, Houston, go see him catch RB's on screen's pitches and swing passes. You're not going to see a guy this big, athletitc, and strong for a while. Book it. Size IS NOT the only thing he's got. And if you really believe that, WATCH DONT READ ABOUT him and if you still think he's only big, take the blind fold off. Im done with you.

felix360

Reaction score
BigDave95 said:
I never realistically thought we had a shot at Ngata but now I'm starting to wonder. I think the first DT off the board is going to be Bunkley. If Cleveland takes Kamerion Wimbley, there's a chance Ngata makes it to us.

How long do you think it would take us to get the card to the front of the room if he was there at #18?

can i have some of what ur smoking, no way this guy drops to 18, talk about a pipe dream, man can u imagine what he could do in the NFL, this guy looks like he has 5 % body and all muscle, he is HUGE.

How i wish upon a star :laugh1:

MiStar

Reaction score
So he's big and fast. I honestly couldn't care less how athletic a 3-4 NT is. I only watched him once, but he never popped out as being a special player.

To be honest, I think that Gabe Watson is the more talented prospect. Watson is more than just a big body, he's a guy that has the power to really cause havoc in the backfield, which is something that I never really saw from Ngata. Ngata seems like more of a plugger, which might not be the worst thing in a 3-4, but it doesn't seem like a big upgrade over Ferguson.

Could someone who has seen a fair amount of both Watson and Ngata, compare the two prospects?

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
:signmast:

That would be something to groom all three linemen in a two year period. Chris Canty, Haloti Ngata and Marcus Spears. Your defensive line for the next ten years. :cool:

We missed out on Robertson then Wilfork....I wonder.....:pray2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
All you need to know about Watson is that he was benched as a senior for being a lazy fat slob. NO MOTOR.