Twitter: Hamilton was a force last Sunday vs. Vikings

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
he doesnt look very slow on that vid much less "painfully", its gotten to a point where people are thinking "oh a clip of the defense, let me see how slow LVE is" before they even hit play. Its become "hip" to bash LVE. Im not saying he is playing well but the bashing is for bashing's sake at this point

Thanks for your opinion.

LVE looks slow.

I’m guessing you defended Jaylon to the last bitter moment before he got cut too.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He had three tackles and a quarterback hit while also drawing a pair of Vikings holding penalties in Week Eight.

Would have been hard getting him to the PS. Some team would have claimed him.

He actually outplayed Bohanna in camp and preseason games. The Cowboys guessed correctly that Hamilton could make it to the PS but Bohanna would get claimed due to upside.

Hamilton earned it just like Steele earned it. And that is the way it should be. Got to like players like that. UFAs who walk in and make the team and earn playing time. Romo, Beasley, Steele, Hamilton.

Manster68

Reaction score
Many of the "Great wall of Dallas" from the 90's were journeymen (Newton, Tuinei, Gesek, Gogan, Kennard ) or not high draft picks. Both Stepnowski and Williams were 3rd round picks and L Allen was a 2nd round pick. That is amazing considering how well they played.
I'm not going to dispute what you said, but I'll add that in the 70s through the 90s it was common for offensive lineman to be drafted in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

In Landry's 29-year tenure in Dallas, only twice did he and Gil Brandt select an offensive lineman in the first round (and it was late in the first round at that). They were John Niland (7x Pro Bowler) in 1966, and Howard Richards in 1983.

Dallas wouldn't select an offensive lineman in the 1st round again until 2011 (28 years later) with Tyron Smith. Add Travis Frederick in 2013, and Zach Martin in 2014, and the Cowboys have hit on 80% of their 1st round offensive linemen.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too hard on Bohannon or Hill for that matter. At 22 years of age you are still just a kid playing a man's game. Your mind and your body are still not matured.

A couple years around the right coaching staff and these guys should progress by leaps and bounds.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would say Hill and Gallimore have a lot of competition at DT. Odig, Watkins, Bohanna, and Hamilton. Throw in Urban too. Granted Urban and Watkins are free agents after the year.

Gregory, Golston, and Basham can play a little inside at DT too.

Lawrence, Odig, Watkins, Bohanna, Hamilton, Urban, Gregory, Golston, Basham, Armstrong, Hill, and Gallimore make 12.

Need to make a long-term decision on Hill in the next two weeks. Put him on the active roster or shut him down for the year.

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm not going to dispute what you said, but I'll add that in the 70s through the 90s it was common for offensive lineman to be drafted in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

In Landry's 29-year tenure in Dallas, only twice did he and Gil Brandt select an offensive lineman in the first round (and it was late in the first round at that). They were John Niland (7x Pro Bowler) in 1966, and Howard Richards in 1983.

Dallas wouldn't select an offensive lineman in the 1st round again until 2011 (28 years later) with Tyron Smith. Add Travis Frederick in 2013, and Zach Martin in 2014, and the Cowboys have hit on 80% of their 1st round offensive linemen.

The Cowboys took Robert Shaw, a center, in the first round in 1979.

Reactions: BAT

Beaker42

Reaction score
he doesnt look very slow on that vid much less "painfully", its gotten to a point where people are thinking "oh a clip of the defense, let me see how slow LVE is" before they even hit play. Its become "hip" to bash LVE. Im not saying he is playing well but the bashing is for bashing's sake at this point
Umm, no - it really isn’t. He sucks and is regressing right before our eyes. I wish him well wherever he winds up next season but it’s time for him to move on. Our first 3 picks in the ‘22 draft need to be BPA @ DT, DE and LB.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Amazing how much the overall product improves when it is built on effort and rewarding success.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Living in San Antonio and being a huge Spurs fan, you have to have a bunch of quality role players to surround your stars with, which is what we did with Duncan/Parker/Manu. This current team has done just that. Those 5 plays are impressive. This team had depth like we haven't seen since the Jimmy Johnson era. I applaud everyone involved in the success we are having. :clap:It's OBVIOUS to those who don't have an agenda that this team is different. :flagwave:
I grew up in SA too and huge fan of 21/20/9 but not a fan of the current team and absolutely despise the current NBA. It's unwatchable. I don't even google the scores anymore except maybe in the playoffs like in baseball.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Could it be, did my dream of having a good BIG man in the middle of the line finally come true...