Happy 99th Birthday Betty White

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
"Betty White is one step closer to a major milestone, and with insurrections, viruses and an economy that's tanked, at least we can all unite in this celebration.

Betty turned 99 today, and she waxed philosophical ... "I can stay up as late as I want without asking permission."

Well, maybe no philosophical, but Betty's awesome!!! Her plans for today ... feeding a couple ducks that hang at her L.A. home.

As for what's on the menu -- a hot dog and french fries, courtesy of her agent, Jeff Witjas."

Last edited by a moderator:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Curious why people are so into Betty White, her comedy, or something else?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Curious why people are so into Betty White, her comedy, or something else?
She jump started her career and awareness when she did "Lake Placid". She was the perfect fit for that oddball film.

Her language caught a lot of people off guard just as Ruth Gordon did in the Every Which Way films. I grew up with Betty White a mainstay of TV sitcoms and she was nothing like what she has revealed in the last 20 years. That video of her and Ryan Reynolds on the set of their latest film pretty much captures how most of us would like to grow old, on our own terms.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She jump started her career and awareness when she did "Lake Placid". She was the perfect fit for that oddball film.

Her language caught a lot of people off guard just as Ruth Gordon did in the Every Which Way films. I grew up with Betty White a mainstay of TV sitcoms and she was nothing like what she has revealed in the last 20 years. That video of her and Ryan Reynolds on the set of their latest film pretty much captures how most of us would like to grow old, on our own terms.
I wanted to post that particular video but good ole site rules #4 and #13 stopped me. :muttley:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why is she a treasure? Because she was on Golden Girls?

I mean anyone can argue what “treasure” means.

but she has been on TV for over 80 years. Longer than any other person, ever.

she has won like 30 emmy’s

she has been on multiple successful sitcoms. Also including the Mary Tyler Moore show along as golden girls.

she has been a staple on a ton of game shows. On Saturday night live, etc

she is one of the most accomplished tv actresses in history.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I mean anyone can argue what “treasure” means. but she has been on TV for over 80 years. Longer than any other person, ever. she has won like 30 emmy’s she has been on multiple successful sitcoms. Also including the Mary Tyler Moore show along as golden girls. she has been a staple on a ton of game shows. On Saturday night live, etc
Great post!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

she has been on multiple successful sitcoms. Also including the Mary Tyler Moore show along as golden girls.

A treasure to fans as in her comedy skills. I guess I find her comedy bland, but that's me.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Other than that? :D