Happy Anniversary, Jason Garrett

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;4232723 said:
He was hired/promoted a year ago today. He is 9-7 over that stretch. It has been frustrating at times, but overall I feel better about the Cowboys than I did at this time a year ago. A win against Buffalo on Sunday would go a long way toward making his first full season as head coach a success.

Love this post. Next victim: Buffalo.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Well it started out strong, then went down hill fast by the usual suspects.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4233191 said:
Well it started out strong, then went down hill fast by the usual suspects.

I agree Eric. I know we can all be prone to it, every single one of us, but for some of these guys its not about football and its not about reality, or the facts.... they just don't like Garrett, plain and simple. He couldn't do a single thing to change some of these minds... at least at this point... and that is the truth.

I've never seen a fan base so quick to try and pass judgment on a guy as a head coach.

And the truth is, even though it has been a year with the interim tag... the guy is HALFWAY INTO HIS FIRST SEASON as the acknowledged head coach. Permanent... official.

8 WHOLE GAMES.

He hasn't even had a full training camp. He has only had 1 draft. He hasn't had 2 or 3 years to turn the roster over and get it like he wants it to be.

And yet they already declare him a "problem", or worse, a "failure".

There is no sane explanation for such judgments after 8 games.

You can argue the coordinator thing all you want, and ANYONE with any sense will tell you that being a coordinator and being the head guy are two completely different things.

Its just plain stupid, and I hate to say that, but its the truth... it is just plain stupid.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
rcaldw;4233209 said:
I agree Eric. I know we can all be prone to it, every single one of us, but for some of these guys its not about football and its not about reality, or the facts.... they just don't like Garrett, plain and simple. He couldn't do a single thing to change some of these minds... at least at this point... and that is the truth.

I've never seen a fan base so quick to try and pass judgment on a guy as a head coach.

And the truth is, even though it has been a year with the interim tag... the guy is HALFWAY INTO HIS FIRST SEASON as the acknowledged head coach. Permanent... official.

8 WHOLE GAMES.

He hasn't even had a full training camp. He has only had 1 draft. He hasn't had 2 or 3 years to turn the roster over and get it like he wants it to be.

And yet they already declare him a "problem", or worse, a "failure".

There is no sane explanation for such judgments after 8 games.

You can argue the coordinator thing all you want, and ANYONE with any sense will tell you that being a coordinator and being the head guy are two completely different things.

Its just plain stupid, and I hate to say that, but its the truth... it is just plain stupid.

He has been with this team in a very high profile position for a number of years, thus, for some, he is not being compared to a first time head coach just starting out.

I don't think it's too difficult to see why Garrett is such a polarizing figure.

For every poster complaining i've seen another that wants to sign him to a life long contract.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;4232723 said:
He was hired/promoted a year ago today. He is 9-7 over that stretch. It has been frustrating at times, but overall I feel better about the Cowboys than I did at this time a year ago. A win against Buffalo on Sunday would go a long way toward making his first full season as head coach a success.

Garrett has been basically co-head coach since 2007 and the same freaking problems with the offense are still here. Players cant line up right, recievers running the wrong routes, confusion on blocking assignments, inability to score TDs in the red zone, ect.....

Situation football is Garrett's biggest weakness right now. Did the Giants go into a shell and run 3 straight times and punt? Hell no, the Giants attacked that weak arse secondary and either got completions or flags. That is what I am talking about, losing games because of playing scared or losing games because you do not understand the situation you are in, ala throwing 40+ times when having a multiple TD lead, ect.....

This is a .500 team and will be lucky to be over .500 at the end of the year. I made a sig bet with Hostile that this team will not get to 10 wins and that means 6-2 the rest of the way. I just dont see it with Garrett in charge.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4233257 said:
Garrett has been basically co-head coach since 2007 and the same freaking problems with the offense are still here. Players cant line up right, recievers running the wrong routes, confusion on blocking assignments, inability to score TDs in the red zone, ect.....

Situation football is Garrett's biggest weakness right now. Did the Giants go into a shell and run 3 straight times and punt? Hell no, the Giants attacked that weak arse secondary and either got completions or flags. That is what I am talking about, losing games because of playing scared or losing games because you do not understand the situation you are in, ala throwing 40+ times when having a multiple TD lead, ect.....

This is a .500 team and will be lucky to be over .500 at the end of the year. I made a sig bet with Hostile that this team will not get to 10 wins and that means 6-2 the rest of the way. I just dont see it with Garrett in charge.

The comparison doesn't comply because we had the lead at the time. The Giants were behind.

Mash

Reaction score
Just win baby.....

Thats all I care about.

My expectations for this club and JG are the same as they were for Wade.

Win baby.........I see no less talent then when Wade was here.

IMHO JG hasnt done a great job as HC. Were still unprepared....we still make stupid mistakes...we still come out flat....we are still doing most of the things we complained about when Wade was HC.

I hope things improve....I really do

Lets see how this season plays out.....Im willing to give JG time....just like Wade.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Overall I feel like Garrett's done a pretty good job. I like his philosophy of improving every week and I feel like his team has done that. He's also improving, it's a little harder to see it week to week because it doesn't always show up but I think that this team has a chance to be good for a while if they can keep it together on defense. It would be great to have a "permanent" DC like Pittsburgh but I guess that's a lot to ask for.