Happy Belated Birthday Tony Dorsett!

Thomas82

Reaction score
Happy belated birthday to Tony Dorsett!! He turned 70 yesterday.

I wish I was old enough to see him play in his prime and appreciate his talents. I really only remember his last couple of years as a Cowboy and his year in Denver.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Fortunate to have been a fan during the days of ‘Touchdown Tony.’ One of the smoothest shift-of-gears to ever play running back - 0-60 in three steps. Glad he played for my Cowboys. Met him in-person at a New Mexico political fund raiser while I was in the Air Force back in the early eighties. Like the time I shook hands with George Foreman …. I’ll never forget it.

Motorola

Reaction score
The smoothest, fastest running back to ever play the game.

He was a joy to watch.
The smoothest, fastest running back to ever play the game.

He was a joy to watch.
'pitt33' - I remember during the Panthers '76 championship season when they came on down to "Hotlanta" for their second game - after beating Norte Dame in South Bend in their opener.
The atmosphere all week on the Georgia Tech campus (I was a freshman) was so alive, electric, and hyped - it was an experience I will never forget.
The game at Grant Field was on a September Saturday night; it was like attending a music concert with the best artists back then performing onstage.
Then - after winning many of college football's prestigious awards -
TD goes to the Cowboys and has a great rookie season to help them win their 2nd NFL Title.

pitt33

Reaction score
'pitt33' - I remember during the Panthers '76 championship season when they came on down to "Hotlanta" for their second game - after beating Norte Dame in South Bend in their opener.
The atmosphere all week on the Georgia Tech campus (I was a freshman) was so alive, electric, and hyped - it was an experience I will never forget.
The game at Grant Field was on a September Saturday night; it was like attending a music concert with the best artists back then performing onstage.
Then - after winning many of college football's prestigious awards -
TD goes to the Cowboys and has a great rookie season to help them win their 2nd NFL Title.
Great stuff right there.

My sports hero

plymkr

Reaction score
Happy birthday Dorsett. I remember being a young guy running around my back yard with my Cowboys helmet on pretending to be Tony Dorsett. Good childhood right there. Thanks for the memories #33

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
When I was younger I collected one copy of almost every card ever made of Tony Dorsett. I even had some of the very rare release stuff.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember watching this game and thinking, I wish the Cowboys would draft Dorsett.

s-l300.jpg

a518fbfd96c110964b2dc85b50382b70--tony-dorsett-pitt-panthers.jpg

FVSTONE

Reaction score

I wish I was old enough to see him play in his prime and appreciate his talents. I really only remember his last couple of years as a Cowboy and his year in Denver.
Thank you Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best gifts that the Cowboys have ever received!

eromeopolk

Reaction score

That acceleration made you miss him again.