Happy Birthday CeeDee!

cowboyed

Reaction score
Happy 25th birthday to our current #88, CeeDee Lamb!! When his contract situation gets worked out, hopefully he can give us another monster season.
CeeDee will be worth at least $5,490 an ounce.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

rambo2

Reaction score
We are so lucky to have him. Thank you Raiders. Thank you Broncos. Thank you Eagles and Falcons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pay the man Jerry and let's get this party started.
First of all he's due to make $17 million this year that's not chump change contracts and negotiations work both ways and right now I believe lamb himself and his agents are holding up this contract talks I guarantee they're waiting for jamar chase and Justin Jefferson to get paid that way they can try to get one up above them that's the game don't blame Jerry stop using jerryd name as if he controls all these negotiations he does not and hanging them the highest bag is the dumbest business move ever he literally needs a negotiate and I guarantee that's gonna happen with Prescott too all this posturing in public it is just that they might both get contracts before the season starts or they may both have to wait...

StarGazer1

Reaction score
First of all he's due to make $17 million this year that's not chump change contracts and negotiations work both ways and right now I believe lamb himself and his agents are holding up this contract talks I guarantee they're waiting for jamar chase and Justin Jefferson to get paid that way they can try to get one up above them that's the game don't blame Jerry stop using jerryd name as if he controls all these negotiations he does not and hanging them the highest bag is the dumbest business move ever he literally needs a negotiate and I guarantee that's gonna happen with Prescott too all this posturing in public it is just that they might both get contracts before the season starts or they may both have to wait...
Yeah, 17 million is not chump change, but the price for a top 3 receiver is probably going to be in the $28-$30 million range. And everyone understands that negotiations work both ways, blah, blah, blah.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, 17 million is not chump change, but the price for a top 3 receiver is probably going to be in the $28-$30 million range. And everyone understands that negotiations work both ways, blah, blah, blah.
The point is, for one he himself has already come out and said the rumors are ridiculous, he's not going to hold out..

why would you leave $17 million and a chance to be a full free agent at the end of it if the Cowboys are going to play these negotiations out too long...

He's not leaving $17 million on the table, you'll never recover it, I I never understood people who think that if he somehow holds out for a new deal and it doesn't happen Allah like look what happened what the breakdown of Antonio Brown and bell and Pittsburgh, they never made that money up...

yes, you'll get your contract eventually but you're losing money no matter what you will never make it up.. And for all those that say well what if you get hurt I don't know Prescott's ankle got broke off and he still got his payday.... He played under the franchise tag and didn't have to Yup got hurt, Yup got paid....

I can understand holding out if you were still under a rookie contract not on your fifth year option making 17,000,000 you know maybe making two or three million in severely underpaid but 17,000,000 is a lot of money and he already stated in some other social media areas he never said that that's not his intent and anybody who thinks he's veterans are holding out because they don't show up for some of the early organized team activities and mini camps are ridiculous, they don't usually come to those anyway, if they do they do walkthroughs on the side... They do not start pushing it until training camp and ohh by the way how much do they actually play in preseason?? so all vets on the holdout path who dont participate in early workouts and practices set up mainly for the young players?

So, there's literally nothing to see here ,

these rumors are that just that something to stir the pot anybody who mentions any player associated with the Dallas Cowboys or that could be attached to the Dallas Cowboys, they use the Dallas Cowboys name to attract clicks, that's, it it's a ratings game, this story is just to do what it's doing to create some drama and get the chatter started...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Still have at least 5 great years with him. Better make sure the right QB is throwing it and not waste this time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Still have at least 5 great years with him. Better make sure the right QB is throwing it and not waste this time.
So the man has gotten better every year he had an elite year last year and you're trying to say that the quarterback that he has currently isn't good enough I'd say it must be the receiver then and we should get rid of him no way I'm paying a guy who needs a better quarterback... But thanks for being that guy and doing something that has been asked in here not to do is keep bringing in the quarterback to every post every time it's like 6° of separation everything leads back to mentioning our quarterback even if it's passively aggressively not mentioning his name...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So the man has gotten better every year he had an elite year last year and you're trying to say that the quarterback that he has currently isn't good enough I'd say it must be the receiver then and we should get rid of him no way I'm paying a guy who needs a better quarterback... But thanks for being that guy and doing something that has been asked in here not to do is keep bringing in the quarterback to every post every time it's like 6° of separation everything leads back to mentioning our quarterback even if it's passively aggressively not mentioning his name...
I didn't mention Dak at all. You're just being defensive about it. Could also mean the 2-3 years of project QBs like we had after Aikman now that it's looking the Cowboys may not re-sign him. Five years is a lifetime in the NFL.

Happy wife, happy life... or in NFL terms.... Happy QB, happy WR. :thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn't mention Dak at all. You're just being defensive about it. Could also mean the 2-3 years of project QBs like we had after Aikman now that it's looking the Cowboys may not re-sign him. Five years is a lifetime in the NFL.

Happy wife, happy life... or in NFL terms.... Happy QB, happy WR. :thumbup:
Well, I've seen really good wide receivers put up good numbers with any quarterback they played with... that's what makes them great, if he needs a quarterback on Prescott's level just to flourish that's on the player not on the quarterback.. a guy like Fitzgerald comes to mind who exactly did he play with? Somehow made it to the Hall of Fame top three guy right?? same with Terrell Owens how many teams did he play with? I've even seen Brandon cooks play at a high level with a bunch of spare parts at quarterback.... I mean if you can get open get separation any quarterback should be able to find you, it's the better quarterbacks that have to find a way to get the ball the guys who are not getting separation....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Happy 25th birthday to our current #88, CeeDee Lamb!! When his contract situation gets worked out, hopefully he can give us another monster season.
Well that's old it's time to move on.. We should trade him get everything we can for him and just get another wide receiver, it's easy right just go to the draft get one of these top receivers every three to five years..