Happy Birthday Emmitt!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
January 2nd, 1994- Sunday afternoon
Giants Stadium- 41°, 13mph winds; 77,356 "official" attendance
11-4 Cowboys @ 11-4 Giants___ NFC East Division Title on the line.

32 carries for 168 yards, 10 catches for 61 yards with one reception for a TD.

You know the rest of the story.

Now I want to get that game out and watch it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
@Runwildboys

Please tell. You have that great painting of Emmitt. I don’t mean to bash your guy but if I am being honest he was a total jerk.
After I spent so much time and effort painting this (Thank you for the compliment, by the way!) I took my wife and nephew for a three hour drive to Jersey, where Emmitt was doing an autograph session. Paid I think $90 and stood in line for a couple of hours. When I finally got to his table, he signed the painting, and I went to shake his hand and he refused, basically saying if he shook my hand, he'd have to shake everyone's hand.

I kinda understand his position, but for what all these fans are going through, just to pay him a minimum of $90 for a flat object, you'd think he'd suffer through a handshake.

Too Tall Jones was a couple of tables away, standing with his arm around fans so they could get pictures with him, and he looked happy to do it.

I'm not saying Emmitt was a jerk, but he certainly wasn't the gracious man he's made out to be

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After I spent so much time and effort painting this (Thank you for the compliment, by the way!) I took my wife and nephew for a three hour drive to Jersey, where Emmitt was doing an autograph session. Paid I think $90 and stood in line for a couple of hours. When I finally got to his table, he signed the painting, and I went to shake his hand and he refused, basically saying if he shook my hand, he'd have to shake everyone's hand.

I kinda understand his position, but for what all these fans are going through, just to pay him a minimum of $90 for a flat object, you'd think he'd suffer through a handshake.

Too Tall Jones was a couple of tables away, standing with his arm around fans so they could get pictures with him, and he looked happy to do it.

I'm not saying Emmitt was a jerk, but he certainly wasn't the gracious man he's made out to be

When I met Randy White in Ft. Lauderdale around 1995. He stood up, shook my hand, and even let me try on his SB XXII ring.
They were just getting ready to leave, as we did not know he was going to be at this show. Heck, didn't even know there was a card show there. At the Sawgrass Mills outlet mall.
HUGE place.
I was talking to him while my wife went to get a mini helmet for him to sign.
They didn't even charge me a fee. Caught them just in time before they left. So had about 10 minutes as I was the only one of a few people around at that time.

Emmitt, he was just sitting signing autograghs at another show. Decently friendly, but jut signed, said hello or hi. I guess too many in line as they shoved everyone through.

Troy was nice, wanted to spend more time with the kids, but the card show promoters pushed them all through.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I met Randy White in Ft. Lauderdale around 1995. He stood up, shook my hand, and even let me try on his SB XXII ring.
They were just getting ready to leave, as we did not know he was going to be at this show. Heck, didn't even know there was a card show there. At the Sawgrass Mills outlet mall.
HUGE place.
I was talking to him while my wife went to get a mini helmet for him to sign.
They didn't even charge me a fee. Caught them just in time before they left. So had about 10 minutes as I was the only one of a few people around at that time.

Emmitt, he was just sitting signing autograghs at another show. Decently friendly, but jut signed, said hello or hi. I guess too many in line as they shoved everyone through.

Troy was nice, wanted to spend more time with the kids, but the card show promoters pushed them all through.
I met Jay Novacek in a local mall, just a few miles from here. I was surprised to hear he was having an autograph session nearby, so I grabbed a picture from an SI magazine and went there with my sister.

Jay was super friendly, and he stood up and reached out to shake my hand before he even signed the picture, as he did with everyone in line.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Lol. Sorry about that. He should have been honored that you made the effort to be there plus painted that great pic. I was sitting in the ATL airport (95% sure it was ATL) and he walked over with some lady. I was coming back from a business trip so I was decked out. I hate bothering celebrities but that was Emmitt 10 feet from me. I went back and forth in my head and then got up and walked over to him. It wasn’t crowded. No one was hassling him. He was just there with this lady. I said something like I was a huge fan and thanks for all the great memories. He barely looked at me and said “yeah”. No thank you. Barely eye contact. Then he snickered and started talking to the lady. I swear I nearly laid into him a bit. I idolized that guy. Total idiot. Through the years others have told me he is a jerk. Whatever. Great player.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. Sorry about that. He should have been honored that you made the effort to be there plus painted that great pic. I was sitting in the ATL airport (95% sure it was ATL) and he walked over with some lady. I was coming back from a business trip so I was decked out. I hate bothering celebrities but that was Emmitt 10 feet from me. I went back and forth in my head and then got up and walked over to him. It wasn’t crowded. No one was hassling him. He was just there with this lady. I said something like I was a huge fan and thanks for all the great memories. He barely looked at me and said “yeah”. No thank you. Barely eye contact. Then he snickered and started talking to the lady. I swear I nearly laid into him a bit. I idolized that guy. Total idiot. Through the years others have told me he is a jerk. Whatever. Great player.
That sucks. Makes you wish you'd made a big deal and caught everyone's attention, so they'd all come over and bother him, huh?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I met Jay Novacek in a local mall, just a few miles from here. I was surprised to hear he was having an autograph session nearby, so I grabbed a picture from an SI magazine and went there with my sister.

Jay was super friendly, and he stood up and reached out to shake my hand before he even signed the picture, as he did with everyone in line.
Hah. So true. I was actually at ATT doing that stadium tour. My buddy and I were throwing fade routes in the end zone. Kicking field goals, badly, and laying on the star. Essentially being idiot tourists. Jay comes out with a film crew to film a commercial. He must have seen us acting like idiots. We walked over to him. 40 year old guys sweating in our clothes. He was such a good guy. Laughing with us. So pleasant. I will never forget that. Good guy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hah. So true. I was actually at ATT doing that stadium tour. My buddy and I were throwing fade routes in the end zone. Kicking field goals, badly, and laying on the star. Essentially being idiot tourists. Jay comes out with a film crew to film a commercial. He must have seen us acting like idiots. We walked over to him. 40 year old guys sweating in our clothes. He was such a good guy. Laughing with us. So pleasant. I will never forget that. Good guy.
That sounds awesome!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
G8St.gif

200.gif