Happy Birthday Roger Staubach!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy Birthday to my favorite Cowboys player of all time Roger "Roger the Dodger", "Captain America" and "Captain Comeback" Staubach!

He turns 82 today and hopefully will be around a long time. All the best to you today! Thanks for the great memories growing up. I will never forget!!!

giphy.gif

1*wJEdclriYoamIMb3p0cZXw.gif

DVR9j3ZW4AAPx-5.jpg:small

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Happy Birthday to my favorite Cowboys player of all time Roger "Roger the Dodger", "Captain America" and "Captain Comeback" Staubach!

He turns 82 today and hopefully will be around a long time. All the best to you today! Thanks for the great memories growing up. I will never forget!!!

giphy.gif

Happy Birthday to the best

Thrill99

Reaction score
My childhood hero. Actually met him in 1970 at a FCA event. I was 13 years old. I always wanted to see him again as an adult and ask him if he remembers meeting me and how we (me and my friend) stayed after the event and walked him and Tom Landry out to their car. Good times.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

giphy.gif

The BEST there ever was to wear the STAR.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger Staubach. Even his name bleeds Pro Football Hall of Fame out of every pore.
Absolutely. And a Hall of Fame person off the field too. He has helped countless teammates over the years who struggled with post football career problems.

Hollywood Henderson can tell you what Roger meant to him when everyone else had written him off. When Charlie Waters was devastated by the death of his young son to drugs, Roger took him in and helped him by giving him a job with his real estate company and helped him recover from that devastating personal loss. One of dozens of stories like that.