Happy Birthday Roger Staubach!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Roger kept us in games when at times, we had no business in them or winning. He was very smart, very Brady-like on and off the field. Cerebral. If you combine Drew Brees, Brady and Mahomes, you'd have Roger Staubach. Many times he had to carry the team and he did. He was Mahomes before Mahomes. We will never find another human being in this game like him. Highly decorated at the Naval Academy and the NFL, and most importantly, the game of life. He helped Danny White develop and be an NFL caliber starter.

Motorola

Reaction score
To every Cowboys Zone Member - go to Wikipedia and read his biography.
Staubach epitomizes an outstanding saga of American Football:
• Take the athletic talents and fortitude one is blessed with - to persevere on every level of that competition;
• Yet - honor the commitment to serve under one of our nation's hallowed military institutions- that granted the opportunity for him to continue to excel athletically.
• Then - despite his excellent collegiate football career, his circumstances post Naval Academy put Staubach in a hole to start from ground zero to prove himself worthy of being a quality quarterback in the National Football League.
Yet he succeeded tremendously -- and then continued on after his professional sports career-- to be be a beacon in the business world.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This man is truly once in a lifetime special.

Not only for his legendary exploits on the field, which would be enough to have his name honored for all time in Cowboy lore.

But as good as he was on the field, he was even better off it.

A genuine heroic soldier and patriot. A man who made those around him better by example and force of will. One of the fiercest competitors you'll ever meet , yet genuinely liked and respected even by bitter rivals.

It is incredibly rare that you'll find a human being in any walk of life that literally no one will say anything bad about. But Roger Staubach is exactly that type of man.

How special it is that we can say he's a Dallas Cowboy for life.

Happy birthday Captain America. A true hero and legend in every sense of the word.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Roger Staubach probably could have been the Governor of Texas - and maybe much more if he’d had any thirst for political position. He was above reproach and EVERYBODY - even his detractors - KNEW THIS. But people of his character rarely run. He’s simultaneously monolithic and humble. In life, Roger has succeeded at pretty much EVERYTHING he set his sights on and pressed his shoulder against. Do they even make men like this any more? The finest example of a Dallas Cowboys player who ever lived. Bar none.

Rayman70

Reaction score
God,My Late Father,My Army kid,then Roger. All my heroes. My wife already knows when that sad day comes ,and Roger passes, to give me that day in quiet reflection. I'll need it.